Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/12/20 at 23:59

Was important we stopped the results (if not performances) rot, so a massive well done to all, with particular acknowledgements for Martinez and McGinn. We deserved 3 points and got none against Wet Spam, so to pinch all three today helps to even things up a bit. Can relax now!

Feel a bit for Wolves there, thought the game was a dead heat in all honesty. 

Tactically it was nice to see us on the front foot and controlling the game, particularly in the first half. That has let us down in the past few weeks, showing too much respect to the opponents. The improvements we have made at the back with Martinez and Cash made a big difference to withstanding the counter attacks, and I thought Konsa was great once again today. Martinez kept us in the game and was arguably the biggest influence in snatching a win. Luiz was good, McGinn also in patches, and I thought Ramsey showed he has the talent to make a difference in the team.

As for Mike Dean it is utterly irresponsible to hand out 9 yellows and 2 reds. The game was far from the bloodbath he thought it was, he gave so many soft yellows and he has to take a lot of the blame for so many cards. He almost ruined the afternoon for both sides and while I think the Luiz second yellow was fair, was there really any need to book Moutinho with 1 minute left for a soft foul? It's reckless refereeing with no common sense in my opinion.

Thankfully some luck went our way this afternoon after a couple of unfortunate losses, it all evens out in the end!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

It’s Saturday and my day off, leave me alone. God. 

You should be supervising your father on Facebook, his page is like a **** school reunion, the silly old phart

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No surprise Martinez has 95% of the MOTM vote, he single-handedly kept us in it. Loved the audio of him organising the defence from a free kick in the second half, he knows exactly what he wants and is in full control. Good penalty from El Ghazi, did well to remain cool.

Probably not a popular comment but I agreed with both of Luiz's bookings, though there were too many yellows in general.

Gonna have to play Burnley without Cash or Luiz; luckily they aren't that good, but it will be a test of this very thin squad.

Who?

Cash and Luiz?

or Burnley?!

Moutinho definitely did not deserve his second yellow either and I fully understand if wolves are pissed off about that. Mike Dean is an absolute joke and has caused both teams suspensions that we shouldn't have. Idiot!

Â