Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/12/20 at 23:59

Only three points below the Champions League places with a game in hand! "Nice".

nice GIF

And six wins from ten PL games... When did we last achieve that?! Not for many years, surely.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Women's football is a joke, any academy PL team would walk a game with them.

Leave it out mate. I know it’s not going to get the attention that the men’s game does, but I guarantee if we assembled a VillaTalk side with me and you in central defence they’d beat us comfortably. I disagree with as many female pundits as I do male. I think Alex Scott is one of the best analysers of the game on the Sky bench. I’ll admit I don’t watch the women’s game but yeah, leave it be. 

Edited by SuperTed
Spelling error
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, robby b said:

Only three points below the Champions League places with a game in hand! "Nice".

nice GIF

And six wins from ten PL games... When did we last achieve that?! Not for many years, surely.

Two games in hand. One against Man City, one against Newcastle.

I think we can comfortably expect at least 4 points from those.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

Two games in hand. One against Man City, one against Newcastle.

I think we can comfortably expect at least 4 points from those.

I meant with one game in hand with the table as it stands right now. I see what you mean, by the end of the weekend we'll have two games in hand on a lot of teams but on the other hand we might be six points off the top four by then, rather than just three. We'll see...

• Like 1

Considering we never really looked threatening, to win is lovely.  Far too card happy at least half those cards shouldn't have been given. Should've had 2 penalties. 

Ramsey played well, didn't look out of place. We competed well in midfield, but we weren't calm enough in defence and just couldn't find any decent final balls in attack.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Agree Dean was poor.

Didn't even bring on Nakamba when the red card was inevitable.

If I were going to sub to protect from the red, I'd have taken McGinn off before Luiz tbh.

Evenly matched game both teams poor going forward and good at the back. 

nice to see us getting a win from a scrappy game given the amount of points dropped from games we dominate. 

I thought Mike Dean had a decent game. Both teams were scrappy. Fairly consistent with decisions. 

Emi MOTM

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

One of the best players to have played for the women's England side, and the winner of 3 PL titles and a handful of FA Cups, and a CL to round it off. I know. Women not just playing football, but also talking about it on the television. They'll be allowed to vote next.

So wait, she knows all about football, and knows what's what, but *still* supports Small Heath?

• Haha 1

Â