Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/12/20 at 23:59

2 hours ago, AJ said:

I never liked Mike Dean.

Stupid, senile, cheating, jellybean headed prick that thinks the match is all about him.

Get in the sea.

There’s an old saying, “ If you don’t notice the ref, he’s had a good game”. Just on that basis Mike Dean has never had a good game and since he is a self obsessed idiot, he never will. 

The fact that he’s now being, yet again, widely discussed will bring him nothing but joy. I wouldn’t pollute the sea with him. Perhaps recycle him and get a few rolls of toilet paper. Although he’s really not even fit for that job. 

• Like 2

A few peeps are saying we were lucky and it was a poor performance. I disagree. Firstly Mike Dean. 

Secondly we dominated for very large parts but we were either fouled or our own final ball was a bit whack. Sometimes Traore's first touch was poor. 

Thirdly someone has mentioned that the corruption in stockley park and subsequently the commentators is nothing short of disgraceful. In fact I hope Purslow or the owners kick up a fuss about it. 

Both defenders had enough time to get their hands and elbows out of the way.

We should and could have won by 4. But poor refereeing/ corrupt refereeing cost us a more comfortable win. We were on top when those penalties weren't given. Douglas Luiz was fouled by Coady too. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Thats the game's to win, having to grind out a result and making the most of what you got is a sign of progress. We knew we had to tighten it up and dean had the answers, knowing we had to win the battle and addressing it. The introduction of ramsey was a factor just for his energy and nuisance value and the  SJM trick for the penalty made the day, well done Dean not a classic but a great little win. The ref is Mariah  Oh the ref is Mariah  .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

There’s an old saying, “ If you don’t notice the ref, he’s had a good game”. Just on that basis Mike Dean has never had a good game and since he is a self obsessed idiot, he never will. 

The fact that he’s now being, yet again, widely discussed will bring him nothing but joy. I wouldn’t pollute the sea with him. Perhaps recycle him and get a few rolls of toilet paper. Although he’s really not even fit for that job. 

Thing is, since Sky invented football even the refs see themselves as part of the star billing.

Mike Dean is just another in a long line of self important referees.....geoff winter, uriah rennie, graham "3 yellow cards"poll, mark clattenburg and so on. Geoff Winter used to be one of Middlesbrough's hooligan faces before he qualified as a referee. Now he's retired, all he has left is occasional radio appearances, after dinner speaking and other random bits of publicity......all after the obligatory book he "wrote".

Sadly, it looks like they're another part of the modern game i find so irritating. 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 3

The penalty at the end was at least some justice after that blatant handball by Saiss. Hilarious how many times the pundits managed to say he was “doing all he could to get his arm out of the way” while watching images of him doing the exact opposite. Honestly, you have to wonder what goes through their minds (or earpieces) sometimes.

Saiss rushed out to cover Konsa, Ramsey played the ball behind him, Saiss tried to cover it with a clumsy header but made quite sure the ball wasn’t going past him by sticking his elbow out like a teapot impression. You can even compare it to his right arm (flat against his body) to see exactly what he was doing. How is it even a difficult decision???

And as for VAR’s official reason that it hit him in the “green zone”, well, where to start with that utter nonsense? Apart from with 1. It didn’t. 2. Stop lying.

Anyway, great stuff from McGinn and El Ghazi to right the wrong. Thank goodness.

Edited by Five Ken McNaughts
  • Like 1

Martinez MOTM. First real game he’s been called into real action for a sustained period and showed what he’s all about. Gave us the platform to go and nick it.

Going down to 10 and getting the win in the 94th minute is as sweet as it gets, especially against those Dingles who must be screwing after giving it all this time.

We are becoming a side that all of a sudden seem to score at the death. Credit to Deano for changing that mentality in the group. For as long as I can remember we always lose leads or games at the death, nice to have it go our way. So satisfying to get maximum points when we maybe didnt deserve it, especially as it feels like a mentally just reimbursement from the West Ham game. I feel refunded now.

pleased for El Ghazi, and absolutely loved Jacks celebrations. Back in a good place now, lets put this home form to bed now Thursday evening. UTV

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

A few peeps are saying we were lucky and it was a poor performance. I disagree. Firstly Mike Dean. 

Secondly we dominated for very large parts but we were either fouled or our own final ball was a bit whack. Sometimes Traore's first touch was poor. 

Thirdly someone has mentioned that the corruption in stockley park and subsequently the commentators is nothing short of disgraceful. In fact I hope Purslow or the owners kick up a fuss about it. 

Both defenders had enough time to get their hands and elbows out of the way.

We should and could have won by 4. But poor refereeing/ corrupt refereeing cost us a more comfortable win. We were on top when those penalties weren't given. Douglas Luiz was fouled by Coady too. 

Somebody on the BBC football website, covering the Fulham v Liverpool game, has just commented on the Liverpool penalty asking how that was any different from the one not given to us yesterday. I’ve not seen this one but it does sound very similar. Jokely Park. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

So I just found out that this game was a milestone for Mike Dean... It involved him dishing it his 3000th yellow card. Explains everything now! 

Shearer and Wright mentioned this on MOTD, with much the same opinions as we've posted on here. Plenty of sarcastic 'Bravo, Mike Dean' comments, with rolling of eyes and shaking of heads. 

Three games running we’ve had a pen 90+mins. 

One given then taken away.

Probably the clearest one not even seen.

Finally have all the stars align.

Three points gained in probably our weakest performance, zero points in the games we largely bossed. Its been a crazy few weeks.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Somebody on the BBC football website, covering the Fulham v Liverpool game, has just commented on the Liverpool penalty asking how that was any different from the one not given to us yesterday. I’ve not seen this one but it does sound very similar. Jokely Park. 

That is about as close as you can get to actual evidence of result tampering and yet it happens nearly every week in some shape or form and nearly always in favour of the "big" club, go figure!

• Like 1

I think Wolves deserve big credit for playing so well without Jimenez.

Very well drilled side and we needed our share of luck, resillience and a very good Emi to get away with the points. 

We would normally lose a game like this 8/10 times but that's football for you sometimes.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2020 at 07:14, AJ said:

I never liked Mike Dean.

Stupid, senile, cheating, jellybean headed prick that thinks the match is all about him.

Get in the sea.

He is just desperate for attention.

2 red cards and about a million yellow cards. Hilarious performance from him.

28 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Morning chaps, don't want to be accused of disapearing after you beat us so here I am :)

First of all, we all hate Mike Dean too.

Pretty even game I thought which could have swung either way.  We really only have ourselves to blame as we should have taken one of those chances, even with Martinez playing so well.  Obviously Silva was unlucky when he hit the post and I was very enthused with his performance.  Once he puts some muscle on he will be a decent player on that performance.  Dendonker really should have scored one of his two chances though, which I remember were both too close to the keeper.  We created chances, but we're lacking some belief when we shoot at the moment, this is a new attack full of young players, they'll come good.

My mates were all pretty unhappy, but I took a lot from what I saw.  We won't go down or make top seven this season, so it's a good time to change our system and bring these players on.

Honestly I was out with my mates all day so I can't really remember much more than that, I actually forgot Moutinho was sent off until I just read it on here, I think you played better when I saw you against West Ham and lost, like someone said, that's fooball.  I seem to remember being a little disapointed with Watkins on Saturday, maybe we just handled him well.

Anyway, congratulations!

In all honesty the game was very even and could have swung both ways as you said. I think we had an ok performance and both our teams had spells where we looked like scoring. A tie would have probably been the fair result based on performances, but that's not football always. In any case I also think you got lucky with Dean not awarding us another penalty for the handball in the box. Like someone mentioned on here, Liverpool was awarded a penalty for pretty much the exact same situation, but that's VAR for you. A complete joke.

Moutinho should have never gotten a second yellow card, that was a farce, and I understand if Wolves fans are angry about that. Good thing that we can all agree that Mike Dean is a complete donkey.

Cheers and good luck with the rest of the season until next time we meet ofc ;)

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 2

@Andy81 fair play to you for popping back. A very bits n pieces game. I was glad to see Neves on the bench and our keeper was the busier but made saves i would expect him to.

I popped on to wolvesforum.co.uk and i can't believe the amount of stick Fabio Silva got ! He's a kid ffs and he didn't set the £35m fee. I hope that's only a knee jerk reaction cos you need confidence at that young age. Not every 18 yr old is a wayne rooney.

I guess it's a season in transition at molineux ?

• Like 1

Â