Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/12/20 at 23:59

On 13/12/2020 at 11:20, onmeedson said:

Thats the game's to win, having to grind out a result and making the most of what you got is a sign of progress. We knew we had to tighten it up and dean had the answers, knowing we had to win the battle and addressing it. The introduction of ramsey was a factor just for his energy and nuisance value and the  SJM trick for the penalty made the day, well done Dean not a classic but a great little win. The ref is Mariah  Oh the ref is Mariah  .

Bang on the money.....we will look back on that win as a dogged performance...and a benchmark in our progress.

such a mentally stimulating result for the players.

• Like 1

I was quite relieved to see us win ugly again for the first time since Leicester (a) and those desperate games at the end of last season. I can't help but think the big wins against Liverpool etc led to the players getting just a touch ahead of themselves and resulting in some of the losses against Leeds, Saints & co, West Ham was just unlucky however.

I would say that in some area's we are still a little behind Wolves having watched that but in others on a par if not slightly ahead, in midfield for example. On another day with Jimenez back they score one or two but then on another day we also score another so 2-2 was probably a fair scoreline. That in itself is progress for us from last season however and who knows what difference Barkley would have made too.

A big win and it was needed having lost 4 of the previous 5. That means in the last 6 games since the fantastic start we are averaging a point per game. With 28 to go that would have us on 46 points which i guess we would have taken at the start of the season. Hopefully we can improve on that however.

• Like 1

I thought Wolves did a really good job of neutralizing Grealish and, as a result, our overall attack.   We had a number of promising attacks that never really turned into real chances, and once the counter was off and they had men back they smothered Jack and he really wasn't able to create much directly for himself or others like he usually does.   It shows how important Barkley is for us, because they would never have been able to focus on Jack like that if they had him to contend with also.   Hopefully he's back for Burnley and he stays fit for a while.

• Like 1

Â