Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He said something along the lines of.. If the right player/transfer were to arise then we may pounce in making it happen.

Thought I saw something about time off during COVID outbreak has given him chance to review squad and speak to some players.

20 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

And how is Rashica doing so far?

He was subbed on in the 90th minute last night. His first game after missing a month and a half due to a hamstring injury.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Benrahma hasn't really set the world alight in the way anybody would've hoped. But same could be said for Bowen, Fornals and Haller. I just don't think Moyes knows how to get the best out of those players.

I'd still like Benrahma. I wonder if they'd let us buy him for that £21m in the summer, still think he has a higher ceiling than any of AEG, Trez and Traore

I was banging on about us signing Benrahma in the summer and advocated paying the extra 10M to get him over Traoré. It has been interesting to follow how Benrahma (30 M-ish), Eza (20M) and Traoré (17M) have performed. So far Traoré has been best value for money imo, perhaps even best performance-wise. Benrahma has not yet been as good as I had thought he would be. Moyes has a way of bedding in players slowly (which isn't bad), he did the same with Bowen who didn't get many games the first month or two. Benrahma has also been played in a couple of different positions, but despite this and that he has had his flashes of briliance, he is currently not near being worth 30M. Eze has been good but I still have doubts about his defensive work and attitude.

I wouldn't mind another wide forward who really raises the quality, but as it is now I'm rather happy with Jack, Traoré, El Ghazi and Trez as our wide forward alternatives.

Buying Benrahma for 21M in the summer would be an idea, but I'd like to see more of how he performs. If he doesn't raise his game, I'd rather that we bought someone who significantly raises the quality.

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I was banging on about us signing Benrahma in the summer and advocated paying the extra 10M to get him over Traoré. It has been interesting to follow how Benrahma (30 M-ish), Eza (20M) and Traoré (17M) have performed. So far Traoré has been best value for money imo, perhaps even best performance-wise. Benrahma has not yet been as good as I had thought he would be. Moyes has a way of bedding in players slowly (which isn't bad), he did the same with Bowen who didn't get many games the first month or two. Benrahma has also been played in a couple of different positions, but despite this and that he has had his flashes of briliance, he is currently not near being worth 30M. Eze has been good but I still have doubts about his defensive work and attitude.

I wouldn't mind another wide forward who really raises the quality, but as it is now I'm rather happy with Jack, Traoré, El Ghazi and Trez as our wide forward alternatives.

Buying Benrahma for 21M in the summer would be an idea, but I'd like to see more of how he performs. If he doesn't raise his game, I'd rather that we bought someone who significantly raises the quality.

Eze has been good at Palace so far.

Benrahma for low 30's was too much if West Ham wanted to cut their losses and sell him to us for that 21 I would take that, but I'd still rather sign Brandt in a theoretical world..

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Eze has been good at Palace so far.

Benrahma for low 30's was too much if West Ham wanted to cut their losses and sell him to us for that 21 I would take that, but I'd still rather sign Brandt in a theoretical world..

Benrahma was 20m wasnt he? (plus loan fee)

3 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Will Hughes is back after injury now, I still think he would be an interesting alternative. If we get Sanson in perhaps Hughes can wait to the summer, he wouldn't need much time to adapt. Shakespeare will know everything about Hughes and I trust his judgement.

I like Will Hughes. Good tidy player and only 25. Too good for the championship.

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Has Benrahma been a good signing or still jury out? 

Hard to say but from what we've seen so far it's not looking good business.

Well, not from a West Ham point of view.

Unless it's a case of good players that a manager cannot get the best out of or doesn't know how to utilise them properly. 

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Benramha plays on the left where Jack plays. The thought of buying players doing well on the left and bringing them in to play on the right ala Rashica and Benramha doesn't sit right with me. I thinkthey were targets if Jack left. 

You need an option for when he is injured that is a step up from El Ghazi at some point.

A lot of the interest from fans in the summer in Benrahma was around the thinking it would be best to put Jack in the middle at 10, since then it is pretty much universally agreed he should be on the left primarily.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Probably Eze but lets be fair here he has played more games.

Going on stats Traoré has 3 goals and 2 assists in 15 games which is better than 2 goals and 2 assists in 19 games for Eze. Personally I don't pay that much attention to stats though. I haven't seen all games Eze has played, but I get the impression that he has made the winger position at Palace more his own than Traoré has here.  Must though also take into consideration that Traoré is new-ish to the league, had to move here and didn't have a proper pre season, whereas Eze could more or less just continue playing but at another ground.

Too me it looks like Traoré has a higher ceiling, some of his moves I haven't seen Eze being able to do, the solo goal was nice though. Eze is perhaps a bit more solid, both have question marks over their defensive work. So far I'm happy with Traoré instead of Eze. Also think Eze wanted to stay in London so he was perhaps not an alternative. 

6 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Going on stats Traoré has 3 goals and 2 assists in 15 games which is better than 2 goals and 2 assists in 19 games for Eze. Personally I don't pay that much attention to stats though. I haven't seen all games Eze has played, but I get the impression that he has made the winger position at Palace more his own than Traoré has here.  Must though also take into consideration that Traoré is new-ish to the league, had to move here and didn't have a proper pre season, whereas Eze could more or less just continue playing but at another ground.

Too me it looks like Traoré has a higher ceiling, some of his moves I haven't seen Eze being able to do, the solo goal was nice though. Eze is perhaps a bit more solid, both have question marks over their defensive work. So far I'm happy with Traoré instead of Eze. Also think Eze wanted to stay in London so he was perhaps not an alternative. 

Well Eze is a number 10 who can play on the wing rather than the other way around.

Hes also a very skilful player brought up with cage football so he is full of tricks.

Dont forget Traore is from Chelsea’s academy too.

In the summer I would have gone for Eze and Buendia rather than Traore and Barkley.