Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

33 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

For some reason, the Costa rumours remind me of when we signed Chris Sutton. 

8 appearances and one goal, although that goal was against the scum (i think). But still fairly pointless, similar to signing Costa for the huge costs involved.

Looks like we have missed out on JLingz on a free, Manure have triggered a 1 year extension in his contract because they dont want to lose him for nothing.

They reckon the contract extension will cost them 6m......

Are they thick or what?, who's gonna pay for him he's absolute tosh.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

He would not be our best forward at all he’s stopped scoring in his 30’s

If we wanted to sign him for 6 months then whatever but I would be dead against an 18 month deal.

I see Watkins as a wide forward who can work the wings and channels. I see Costa as Central forward in and around the box hence why I said best CF... He is better than Wesley as things stand now and then there’s Davis, ah well bless him and enough said. 

Not shouting for his signing whatsoever, but can see the logic. If in the realms of fantasy it did happen the. It would obviously be a well thought through strategic move by Smith & Co and one I’m not anti.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I see Watkins as a wide forward who can work the wings and channels. I see Costa as Central forward in and around the box hence why I said best CF... He is better than Wesley as things stand now and then there’s Davis, ah well bless him and enough said. 

Not shouting for his signing whatsoever, but can see the logic. If in the realms of fantasy it did happen the. It would obviously be a well thought through strategic move by Smith & Co and one I’m not anti.

Centre forwards with our system, are supposed to drag wide to open space for the other three forwards.

Watkins isn't best used as a wide forward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Looks like we have missed out on JLingz on a free, Manure have triggered a 1 year extension in his contract because they dont want to lose him for nothing.

They reckon the contract extension will cost them 6m......

Are they thick or what?, who's gonna pay for him he's absolute tosh.

Got Newcastle and Brucie written all over it. £25m 😂

So nobody was witty enough to get in with "why haven't we signed anyone" at 12.01last night ? - what's VT coming to.

I actually don't think we will sign anyone this window. The only exception being if a Key player gets injured for us.

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I heard a rumour he was poison in the dressing room - hence the loan out.

He's a dick apparently, was accused of telling the Brighton players he earns more than they ever will and taunting people during games, was frozen out by arteta and threw his toys out of the pram

Saliba is currently doing the same 

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Wonder how many players in the summer heard from their agents their was interest from Villa and stuck their noses up, reckon some will be regretting that now. 

Callum Wilson we are looking at you 👀

Still laugh at his claim he thought the Newcastle squad would create more chances for him. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Callum Wilson we are looking at you 👀

Still laugh at his claim he thought the Newcastle squad would create more chances for him. 👍

Just the fact that he chose to go and play for Steve Bruce means his head needed a wobble. The above statement just proves that hes a carrot short of a bunch.

No chance on earth are we interested in Costa. The press really haven't got the message about us yet have they. 

So the window is actually open now then?