Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

Simply have to get another striker in.

We potentially have another 7 games in January if we win in the cup and majority will be against good teams where hard running off the ball is required.

Ollie looked completely done last 20 minutes of the game.

He needs a breather for Liverpool badly.

No good us getting to April and he's completely knackered so having another decent striker to rotate for games here and there would be smart move.

Reminds me of Gabby under MON who'd always start and be rarely subbed and then would be completely burnt out every March. His goal output and general threat in games always used to decrease from that period and we stopped winning.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ve spent north of £60m on Wes, Samatta and Watkins. Surely we could have got a proper, proven front man for that kind of money. 

Those £40m-£60m players would never have signed for us. We were not there at the start of the season. If we can maintain this level and our owners maintain their willingness to spend them we might be able to attract those players next season. 

But yeah the money on Wes and Samatta could have been spent better I'd imagine. 

• Like 1

Team looks tired especially with no valid options apart from Ramsey.

Injuries, suspensions and tiredness will see us drop to be bottom half if we don't spend, we can't stand still in January or in the Summer.

Manure and Chelsea have spent billions over the last few years to consistently be top half, unfortunately that is the way of the PL.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, deeps said:

We need a winger and striker. Badly. 

A winger next season , yes but not for this window. Trez, AEG, Traore are all in decent form. AEG and Traore can't stop scoring and Trez was holding them out of the team with his work ethic constantly. I agree we need one but not yet. When Ross is back Jack goes back to the left and those three fight for one spot.

CM so we don't have to bring Nakamba or Hourihane on. Striker if Wes is more than 2 weeks away. Then a LB. 

Buying a Winger now ruins the confidence each of those three have and they don't really deserve to be dropped yet. I'd rather have 2 CMs in Jan than 1 and a winger

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Those £40m-£60m players would never have signed for us. We were not there at the start of the season. If we can maintain this level and our owners maintain their willingness to spend them we might be able to attract those players next season. 

But yeah the money on Wes and Samatta could have been spent better I'd imagine. 

Shoulda gone all in on Tammy. 

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Team looks tired especially with no valid options apart from Ramsey.

Injuries, suspensions and tiredness will see us drop to be bottom half if we don't spend, we can't stand still in January or in the Summer.

Manure and Chelsea have spent billions over the last few years to consistently be top half, unfortunately that is the way of the PL.

Barkley (surely) and Trez will be fit soon so that will give us more options to rotate in front 3 soon. AEG showed he can be counted on this season. Traore very hot and cold even during a single half but he will win us games with moments of quality as season goes on.

No issue at the back given how Hause has taken his chance. Think Engels would do o.k in this set up aswell.

Glaring need is simply another striker. It's o.k wating for Wes but there's going to be not far off another 15 games for us before we get to mid March so long time just to be relying on one out and out striker in the squad who can actually score a goal in league football.

Edited by VillaChris

Charles De Ketelaere is a player I mentioned last week as a possible player we should be targeting. Slightly better pedigree than Michael Boulding...

The 19-year-old is already a Belgium international and has been linked with AC Milan after playing a starring role for Club Brugge this season

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/charles-de-ketelaere-tennis-prodigy-25m-football-wonderkid/11weycufdvsp41lcsz33hxc8df

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Charles De Ketelaere is a player I mentioned last week as a possible player we should be targeting. Here’s a good write up on him. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/charles-de-ketelaere-tennis-prodigy-25m-football-wonderkid/11weycufdvsp41lcsz33hxc8df

Good player. Probably do a job at LWB as well.

Edited by jacketspuds

15 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I like the look of Ianis Hagi at Rangers, I wonder how much he would cost, he was quite cheap when they bought him if I remember correctly.

We can’t risk another punt at someone stepping up. 

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Smith mentioned when we bought Traore he can play through the middle and his record at CF is very good

Traore is work in progress as we see with his lopsided level even during single halves. AEG was like that last season so another who needs time and we've seen his quality in doses.

He dosen't really strike me though if he played CF as someone you could knock it up to and he holds it up no problem tbh, more someone who can drift and run onto things.