Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Music to my ears. We'll be finally free from all the poor decisions and contracts 

Yeah that is a good point, it will be a line in the sand from that point forward.

This summer things get a little easier again in terms of wage restrictions due to another years PL revenue.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Everton are a good example not to follow with buying players. In recent years they've padded out their squad with a right load of waste. Can't get rid of half of it.

That’s what chopping and changing managers do. Stability (with the right man) is so important.

I keep saying it but Leicester is the club we need to copy.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That’s what chopping and changing managers do. Stability (with the right man) is so important.

I keep saying it but Leicester is the club we need to copy.

And the structure of a director of football is already there which is promising.

Purslow does look to butt in perhaps a feather more than is necessary but I expect he's keen to squeeze everything out of the substantial coin being spent.

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

And the structure of a director of football is already there which is promising.

Purslow does look to butt in perhaps a feather more than is necessary but I expect he's keen to squeeze everything out of the substantial coin being spent.

I’m not his biggest fan, particularly for how he likes the limelight a little too much but the structure being put in place at the club is good and very much needed.

Just now, Genie said:

We’ve spent north of £60m on Wes, Samatta and Watkins. Surely we could have got a proper, proven front man for that kind of money. 

Yeah we could've, but think Wes and Ollie both could become big players for us. Samatta was never apart of the plan, it was a stop gap that may have paid off but it didn't. 

I also think if Wes hadn't been injured and we hadn't been as desperate for a striker we may have gotten Ollie for a tad less too