Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

On 14/10/2020 at 18:10, Vive_La_Villa said:

My best mate supports Leeds so I tend to know about and watch them more than other clubs. He is worried we will have a lot of joy on the break like against Liverpool and Fulham as Leeds will always take the game to the opposition.  Like they tried to against Liverpool and City. 

They will play in to our hands. 

If Bielsa is the footballing Messiah everyone is making him out to be, he'll have to foresight to try something different against us after seeing how well it went for Liverpool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I really really really want to smash them

Came in here to say pretty much this, to beat these words removed and go 5 out of 5 would be incredible. Not so long ago we were about to sell Jack or go bust, and being an under performing rudderless team in the Championship. 

Leeds have massive holes and gaps between their lines. We can easily get 4/5 if we're smart and clinical with our chance creation. Their defence imo is poor. We can't let Phillips dictate the play. Barkley needs to sit on him (hopefully literally) and then Jack can dominate Ayling who looks like a bellend with that ridiculous bun he insists on persevering with. 

I'd go all out in the first 20 minutes of this one and watch them capitulate. If we get 2 in the first 15/20 we'll hit them for 5 minimum. 

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I really really really want to smash them

Me too. I'm more sore about the way they mugged us at Villa park last time  with Roofe's late goal rather than the walk in goal and the stick we got for it. We've players that can boss the ball against them now and hurt them. We've not played really well against Leeds in years.

1 hour ago, Kjøttbacken said:

For some reason Leeds have a huge following in Norway. I wouldn't be surprised if they're third, behind Liverpool and Man Utd (at least if you count out those who only know of one Ronaldo). 

Please let us beat them on Friday.

The Eirik Bakke effect.

• Like 1

I marked this one when the fixture list was announced. Cannot wait. Plenty of subplots and another good test for Aston Villa. 

I guess DS has to stick with the same XI.

The only potential changes would seem to be Traore for Trez and Nakamba for Luiz, who looked like he was running on fumes at times.

I'd like to see Watkins get back on track, he was pretty invisible last night.

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Leeds have massive holes and gaps between their lines. We can easily get 4/5 if we're smart and clinical with our chance creation. Their defence imo is poor. We can't let Phillips dictate the play. Barkley needs to sit on him (hopefully literally) and then Jack can dominate Ayling who looks like a bellend with that ridiculous bun he insists on persevering with. 

I'd go all out in the first 20 minutes of this one and watch them capitulate. If we get 2 in the first 15/20 we'll hit them for 5 minimum. 

Wasn't that ManCity's strategy?