Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Just have to beat Dirty Leeds I would just love it

then South Hampton up following that This could really be another 6 points and then my head will actually explode 

I went to St Mary's last season. Was so utterly depressing. 

I would like to beat them more than anything.  I don't feel the Leeds hate others do. Their treatment in the press does irritate me though. 

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I hope we score a shit goal in the 110th minute after Bamford gets his arms chopped off and we pretend to kick it out, but play on and then in celebration all our players run past Bielsa and dick slap his chubby face as he squats interestingly in his technical box, with Martinez or McGinn delivering a fatal blow to him with their massive schlongs.

English isn't my first language so sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Tits.

this

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Hope we can deal with their intensive pressing. We won't get a second on the ball.

We should probably have similar tactics to the Liverpool game. Just hit it long behind their high defensive line.

I mean.. they aren't superhuman or robots, just some word removed called Dallas and other nameless man-bun arseholes.

We'll get chances, so will they.

I was more afraid of Liverpool and Leicester than this shower of shite. 

It'll be tough, but we'll have much harder game this season, just leeds innit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hope we can deal with their intensive pressing. We won't get a second on the ball.

We should probably have similar tactics to the Liverpool game. Just hit it long behind their high defensive line.

We don't need to play long ball against them. They have huge holes between their lines. So we can pass through them. And Ayling against Jack. I'm feeling sorry for him. The first 15 minutes will tell me about the game. I want us to get at least 2/3 in this period.

Overall though I want ten!!! 🤣

I've got a feeling we're going to beat Leeds by about 3 or 4. 

Cut out the passing lanes to Phillips and have McGinn press him every time he gets on the ball. Try and force errors up the pitch. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

:crylaugh: Yeah that was it, just long hoofs. Our midfield never turned and carried the ball through their lines to break the press, we never forced them down one wing and switched the ball to exploit their overload once we turned possession over.

I know it's hard to admit you're wrong when you go absolutely all in on an opinion (I was certain Kane's initial form for Spurs was a purple patch for example) but it makes you look silly and erodes any chance of regaining credibility when you decide to die on that hill. We tactically destroyed Liverpool in a way which nobody has done before. It's okay to admit it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, robby b said:

With Leeds playing tonight maybe that will be a slight advantage as they'll have one day's rest less than us.

Especially if they pick a few knocks or even a red card. Can only be good for us. Likewise how the badger is now a good luck omen, hope he’ll be in place for this one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had a quick look about to see what the dirty Leeds fans were saying about playing us. Unless I’m mistaken I thought they were the mostly highly supported team on earth? Seems inexplicable that they only have a couple of forums with barely any activity on. The MOT forum is the busiest with a MASSIVE 26 posts on their Wolves pre match thread. 

So either, they’re struggling to use the internet with their six finger bruised knuckle hands. There’s a secret forum with thousands of amazing fans hidden somewhere. Or, they’re not actually a massive club like they think they are.

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Especially if they pick a few knocks or even a red card. Can only be good for us. Likewise how the badger is now a good luck omen, hope he’ll be in place for this one. 

😅 Our lucky badger (in my picture) will keep doing his best to bring us some good luck for every game (along with Bella and Hercules). And I will try to get him official status as our club badger. Fulham have the original one, of course, but theirs doesn't seem to be very effective so far this season. 

🦡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I've got a feeling we're going to beat Leeds by about 3 or 4. 

Cut out the passing lanes to Phillips and have McGinn press him every time he gets on the ball. Try and force errors up the pitch. 

Are you my conscience? | Knitting humor, Crochet humor, Yarn humor

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Back in the day, VT used have 'front page articles', including a series called "Why we must beat...(our next opponents)". I loved to 'baggsy' the job when it came to Leeds, as I utterly detest them (second only to small heath). As most of you probably know, I've lived in the city all my adult life, since coming here as a student in 1972, so I'm used to being surrounded by their knuckledragger fans. I've seen Villa at Elland Road probably more than any other fixture (but I used to go and watch any match where I thought they might lose). I well remember Don Revie's successful, but utterly cynical and nasty side. I was there for Cloughie's 'Damned United' forty days. I just really, really hate them. Bielsa can do one, I want to see Villa grind their faces in the dirt. 

I said I want our players to run past and belt Bielsa's face with their dicks. 

But grinding faces in the dirt would be ok.. slightly disappointing, but an okay second choice. 

Maybe mixing the two together and whacking his face with grubby, smeggy, arse juicy knobs would be the best? 

I dunno man.. I've given this way too much thought already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1