Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

8 hours ago, John said:

You just have to have a look at this. Such grim reading, post match reactions from Red & White Kop:clap::

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=346222.0

Only went through the first page, but seems pretty level headed. Give us a lot of credit. One person calling Jack a d*ckhead, but tbf I might think the same thing if he didn’t play for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

They did all the things that i have been on about.....Bravo to them and the management team.....Dean is really making a name for himself, yes highly delighted......thanks for your acknowledgement.

michael scott wink GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Did anybody notice that in Klopp's interview, he referred to Grealish simply as 'Jack'? It's like in the 60s, when people talked about 'George', you knew who they meant. I keep making that comparison, as the two greatest footballers I ever saw in the flesh were Best and Brian Little, and Jack is at that level. 

he is definitely the best player I have ever seen in a villa shirt. And im 46 and been a fan since I could walk.

• Like 1

I was anxious yesterday before the game half because I was worried we might get beaten by 3 goals or even worse and half because I could see we seemed to have a half-decent chance of winning it ourselves. Mixed feelings! One of my best mates is a Liverpool fan and he said to me on Friday, before Alisson's injury was announced, that he believed we had a great opportunity to get something from the game.

At half-time, even though we were amazingly 4-1 up, I still felt really nervous because I could just see an angry LFC absolutely battering us in the second half, following an angry half-time team talk from Klopp, and the match ending in a gutting 4-4 or even a 4-5. One of my worst Villa moments in my life was watching our league game against Spurs on TV in a bar in 2007 and seeing us blow a 4-1 lead, it finished 4-4 with the equaliser in the last few minutes. Utterly deflated. : < I guess that match scarred me for life! 😅 It made me more of a cautious fan and since then I genuinely don't relax unless we have a three goal lead with only one minute of injury time to go! :s (Especially as that fiendish Mane scored the fastest ever PL hat-trick against us in less than three minutes! :s You never know in football, it's a very funny old game!)

I was surprised and so relieved when this very horrible Liverpool comeback that I expected never happened! Wow, so much credit to the team for that, for continuing to attack them in the second half right from the kick-off! Astounding! Looks like I picked the wrong month to give up drinking. Celebrating with green tea and beetroot juice is a bit of a tame celebration. 🥳

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

he is definitely the best player I have ever seen in a villa shirt. And im 46 and been a fan since I could walk.

I'm also 46 and have been a Villa fan since I was 7 (seven), and I guess Jack may well be the best player for me too, that I have seen in a Villa shirt (if he's even better than McGrath?! Whoa that's a tricky choice as I was very young when I saw McGrath playing on TV).

2 hours ago, robby b said:

I was anxious yesterday before the game half because I was worried we might get beaten by 3 goals or even worse and half because I could see we seemed to have a half-decent chance of winning it ourselves. Mixed feelings! One of my best mates is a Liverpool fan and he said to me on Friday, before Alisson's injury was announced, that he believed we had a great opportunity to get something from the game.

At half-time, even though we were amazingly 4-1 up, I still felt really nervous because I could just see an angry LFC absolutely battering us in the second half, following an angry half-time team talk from Klopp, and the match ending in a gutting 4-4 or even a 4-5. One of my worst Villa moments in my life was watching our league game against Spurs on TV in a bar in 2007 and seeing us blow a 4-1 lead, it finished 4-4 with the equaliser in the last few minutes. Utterly deflated. : < I guess that match scarred me for life! 😅 It made me more of a cautious fan and since then I genuinely don't relax unless we have a three goal lead with only one minute of injury time to go! :s (Especially as that fiendish Mane scored the fastest ever PL hat-trick against us in less than three minutes! :s You never know in football, it's a very funny old game!)

I was surprised and so relieved when this very horrible Liverpool comeback that I expected never happened! Wow, so much credit to the team for that, for continuing to attack them in the second half right from the kick-off! Astounding! Looks like I picked the wrong month to give up drinking. Celebrating with green tea and beetroot juice is a bit of a tame celebration. 🥳

I felt much like you, watching it, but I never factored our work rate and willingness to hunt the ball down.....I had similar feelings at half time and credit to the lads for sticking to the task.

This feeling we both had flys in the face of some who think that it was just Liverpool was having a bad day....if we check the stats thay had more possession, was on par with us for tackles, more touches in the opposition box ,had far more crosses than us......bad day for Liverpool, I don't think so.....They played a high line like they always do and we exploited it, with fine football and clinical finishing, our defending was far more robust with a goal keeper full of confidence and determination.

Their arrogance to stick to their system, when it wasn't working, maybe what undone them.....but we had to find a way through and we did that as a team, with aplomb.

No, It was a fantastic night for Villa, well deserved, well executed and bloody well done.......a complete performance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

Updated my MOTM vote to Grealish. Looking back, he was absolutely imperious.

He was...He was instrumental in everything we did....he is still the "go to" man.....I don't think it will change, he is simply that good.

its just that he has some help now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robby b said:

Now I'm glad I never thought of that game against spuds yesterday. Had I done that I'd be lying curled up and crying behind my chair the whole xecond half. Or at least untill Jack made it 7-2.

• Haha 1

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall of the Liverpool dressing room after the match. Or on the bus back to scouseland. 

Hard to forget a thraping like that. They'll be having nightmares for a long time. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

What strikes me there is the togetherness of the players already. A real good team spirit. Barkley, Watkins and Cash look as though they have fitted in an absolute treat already 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

What strikes me there is the togetherness of the players already. A real good team spirit. Barkley, Watkins and Cash look as though they have fitted in an absolute treat already 

Absolutely.  Aside from the actual match moments,  there's so much extra detail in this that just makes me so happy.  Really looks like we have the perfect team spirit.

And, of course,  LONG GRASS. 

• Like 1

Â