Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

On 04/10/2020 at 22:35, Rob182 said:

Do you still think Cash isn’t any better than Guilbert? 🤪

Tbh i didnt think he was great tonight.  Probably our weak link considering all liverpools attacks came down his side.

Going forward, i like him a lot; defensively, he worries me.  But i said as much having watched him at Forest.  Still early days, but i remain unconvinced that hes ready.  He will be 1st choice England rb in 3-4 years though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

What strikes me there is the togetherness of the players already. A real good team spirit. Barkley, Watkins and Cash look as though they have fitted in an absolute treat already 

These things take time, you know......months and months, maybe a season to settle.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quality beds in like they have done

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Who actually watches this crap? The world seems full of people filming themselves reacting to anything and everything, I just don’t get it at all. 

It is all very odd isn’t it? I can’t imagine anything worse that watching that pillock for 90mins. A lots of these videos do seem like ego massage for the person making the video rather than actually producing something for viewers. 

• Like 2

On 05/10/2020 at 00:09, The Fun Factory said:

Have we ever scored 7 at home in a top flight league game? I remember the 6-4 v Blackburn in the League Cup Semi,. and the bonkers 5-5 draw with Forest a couple of years ago. But 7?

We beat Wimbledon 7-1 in 1995. 

On 04/10/2020 at 21:35, thunderball said:

Souness: “Let’s not get carried away with these bottom of the table teams”

[er, we are second with a game in hand Graeme]

We are doing a Leicester this season.

Before the game he was slagging Barkley and saying he was probably no upgrade for us. The long grass, the lazy Grealish. 

Probably the worst expert commentary I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 21:22, TheAuthority said:

Can one of our older VT’ers remind me about when we beat Pool by 5 in 1977 (I think) - they we’re European champions and Ron Saunders has just got us up. 

This feels like a similar moment.

I think that Liverpool team may have been slightly better than this one (time will tell) and we were there in person. The atmosphere was electric that night, like this time we couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces and those of us that were fortunate enough to have been there will never forget that night. A couple of links to the Birmingham Mail & club site below: 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/great-games-aston-villa-5-181147

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2011/12/15/today-in-1976-astonishing-villa-put-champions-liverpool-in-a-spin

PaddyPower also said the following 11 months ago, "In 1976 Aston Villa battered the then league champions Liverpool 5-1 at Villa Park. It's not something that's likely to happen again any time soon" clearly the bookies are not always right after all. We beat them 5-0 in the cup in December and have now done them 7-2 (quote taken from link below):

.https://news.paddypower.com/football/2019/10/31/aston-villa-5-1-liverpool/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Who actually watches this crap? The world seems full of people filming themselves reacting to anything and everything, I just don’t get it at all. 

Christ, I was wondering if it was just me thinking this! Thank you!!

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Before the game he was slagging Barkley and saying he was probably no upgrade for us. The long grass, the lazy Grealish. 

Probably the worst expert commentary I've ever seen. 

Sky are becoming all about clickbait. Roy Keane is just an angry caricature, and Souness must just be a miserable old git they put there to generate clicks. He is absolutely clueless as a pundit, and barely seems to understand the game of football. An absolute idiot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blunther said:

Christ, I was wondering if it was just me thinking this! Thank you!!

It’s not just you. I see it everywhere now, just type Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool into YouTube and look how many reaction videos there are, there’s shit loads. 

It’s not just football either, there’s people making these channels for films, toys, computer games, pretty much anything and someone finds the need to record their exaggerated reaction to it. 

The world’s changing man, and I don’t like it 😂

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s not just you. I see it everywhere now, just type Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool into YouTube and look how many reaction videos there are, there’s shit loads. 

It’s not just football either, there’s people making these channels for films, toys, computer games, pretty much anything and someone finds the need to record their exaggerated reaction to it. 

The world’s changing man, and I don’t like it 😂

Button up your cardigan grandad, it's cold outside 🤣

Â