Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

You'll need that just for the bit when Jack corkscrews van Dijk into the turf.

That needs to made into a GIF! 

Dear me, the highlights are already there, been there since midnight! I'm sure they used to come out around lunchtime, even the media kids are outperforming themselves now.

16 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

On a Zoom with colleagues in Wavertree, Liverpool this morning. No, I have no shame. 

5E51D4C5-5CA6-4922-ABFC-FA2C81D66D69.jpeg

You've turned into Opie from Sons of Anarchy!!!

• Haha 2

What was particularly excellent for me was seeing the freedom Jack will get with Barkley being here and SJM hitting form again.  Suddenly we have a number of attacking points (and someone who can finish them) and teams won't be able to mark Jack out of the game and stop most of our threat. 

Incredible how quickly Jack and Ross seem to have clicked.  It's going to be mouthwatering.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/04/jurgen-klopp-aston-villa-wanted-it-more-and-that-is-something-i-dont-like

Jürgen Klopp: Aston Villa wanted it more and that is something I don’t like

‘A game like that should not happen,’ Liverpool manager adds

Dean Smith: ‘We executed the game plan to perfection’

36 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Same here. Our morning management call contains three Liverpool fans, one of whom, when Liverpool won the title had a life size cardboard cut out of Jurgen Klopp in the background on every call for 3 weeks. No, I don't know where he got it from either. 

Anyway, this was me, this morning......

Villa Call.JPG

Excellent! One of them asked if he’d missed the memo and the theme of the meeting was “Favourite Drunk Drivers” when seeing Grealish. Salty boy. 

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

I'm still buzzing after last night’s demolition of the champions, so many positives the way Barkley linked up with Jack and Ollie, the tactics by Smith, the finishing by Ollie.

We don’t get many days like that and this will be talked about for decades to come.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

• Like 1

I was talking to my brothers last night (both Liverpool fans) and they both were saying that they thought Trez was the man of the match. Put Robertson under huge pressure and his crossing was a constant problem. I can't say I agree with them but he did have a fantastic game. Could have had a second assist when Watkins hit the bar. 

I was a bit surprised to discover last night that we've won our first three league games of the season for the first time in my life! (Apparently it's the first time since 1962! Blimey. We've done it, guys, we've finally actually gone and done it! In 2006 in MON's first season we won two and drew one of the first three, I remember how brilliant and exciting that felt at the time, and I went to the Charlton game at Villa Park a few weeks later, we won 2-0. But this is even better, nine points out of the first nine available, wow.

And apart from how nice it is to be second in the table after three games, it's also so nice to be nine points above the relegation zone already! That's a very comfy cushion. : >

Edited by robby b

Â