Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/20 at 22:59

I was at VP when we thrashed sha 5-1. I was at VP when we tore sunderland a new one, 6-1. Those were great days, well, night against sunderland. This was something else. I really couldn't believe what I saw. And I deserve a medal again. The missus had went to bed as she had to wake up at 4 am so I had to keep quiet. It was hard, but I did it. Not one single screamed out cheer. Kept it all inside. I had to go up at 5 am, went to bed 00:30 and couldn't get to sleep. Totally worth it and would do it again.

Watkns motm for the hattrick, but it really could've gone to Jack or Ross or SJM. After the game against stoke I found it hard to chose motm as they'd all been so bad. This time I had the same problem but for the opposite reason.

We have a team that really can beat anyone. We really have a good attack in Grealish, Watkins, Barkley and SJM, and Luiz's play allows them to be that good. He's there to tidy things up and does it superbly. And Trez doesn't do the job he used to in Turkey, but he does it better and better for each game. Traoré will find it hard to make that position his. Great times.

Konsa is really getting better and better. If he keeps on he'll be a national player within a year. Cash is a steal, as is Martinez. Mings so far has kept the silly misstakes out most of the time. Even Targett looked really good. TAA didn't do much.

Yesterday I didn't calm down and really thought we'd win untill Grealish scored 7-2. Then I knew we'd win it. Today I wonder which team will stop us. I hope leicester won't bring us back down to earth.

I didn't dream this, right?

• Like 3

One thing that stood out for me on that liverpool forum was this statement:

Never ever ever ever underestimate how much a team is effected by a useless goalkeeper.

It's so true, and I think was a major part of our problems last season once Heaton got injured. That and having someone who can actually convert chance at the other end - We now seem to have fixed both ends of the pitch, so I think we will surprise a few team this season. As per usual, most pundits and commentators pay little attention to us, and haven't bothered to look at why we struggled last season - just decided that Villa are a poor team, whereas we now know that we have fixed the biggest problems, and whilst there is still a lot of work to do and gaps in our squad, our first team is actually bloody good, and as we have seen, can beat anyone.

Some on here (myself included) have been saying that someone is due a twonking from us... Just didn't expect it to be Liverpool.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

Only just starting to sink in. Reading all the comments and I could get emotional. So proud of every one of our players and management team. Hardly slept last night and can't wait to re-watch it again tonight with no pressure.

I lost £130 in the end backing against us. If we had blown it I was set to win £1600. It was supposed to make me less nervous during the game. It didn't work. Only at 7 that's (seven 😉) did I start to relax. The players looked relaxed all the way through though. Incredible performance. Impossible to single anyone out. Barkley gives us that extra dimension I knew he would. 

My boss is a Liverpool season ticket holder currently abroad, he usually checks in with me - Not a word all morning. Shock. But I'm not going anywhere.😜 

Our club 😍💜💙

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Delicious. A surprising amount of magnanimity from the rawkous ones in fairness.

That was my reaction.  RAWK has more grownups than it used to.

• Like 1

Was wondering what this was all about, nice.

Why Premier League players celebrated goals by performing an ‘A’ hand gesture this weekend

Ross Barkley, Jack Grealish and Ben Chilwell honoured Chelsea supporter Andrew ‘Woody’ Wood after his death last Thursday, as Frank Lampard, John Terry and Cesar Azpilicueta pay emotional tributes

Premier League players paid tribute to late Chelsea fan Andrew 'Woody' Wood this weekend

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/andrew-woody-wood-death-celebration-premier-league-jack-grealish-ross-barkley-b806573.html

14 minutes ago, limpid said:

That was my reaction.  RAWK has more grownups than it used to.

They are banging on about the "stone wall penalty" where McGinn took out Salah's legs. 

Yeah, OK lads.

Wasn't a penalty, McGinn got the ball first, and then Salah(?) collided with Mings and they both fell over.

But, lets say you were awarded the penalty and scored it........ You would still have lost 7-3. I'll take that!

Wasn't a penalty.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

@TRO you must be delighted mate, we showed the tenacity, fight and determination that you have been crying out for. And no lack of quality.

An aggressive and wholly effective approach, how many times did we snatch the ball off them in their own half?

We rattled, battered & bruised the Champions...

They did all the things that i have been on about.....Bravo to them and the management team.....Dean is really making a name for himself, yes highly delighted......thanks for your acknowledgement.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

One thing that stood out for me on that liverpool forum was this statement:

It's so true, and I think was a major part of our problems last season once Heaton got injured. That and having someone who can actually convert chance at the other end - We now seem to have fixed both ends of the pitch, so I think we will surprise a few team this season. As per usual, most pundits and commentators pay little attention to us, and haven't bothered to look at why we struggled last season - just decided that Villa are a poor team, whereas we now know that we have fixed the biggest problems, and whilst there is still a lot of work to do and gaps in our squad, our first team is actually bloody good, and as we have seen, can beat anyway.

Some on here (myself included) have been saying that someone is due a twonking from us... Just didn't expect it to be Liverpool.

The refence to the goal keeper......is so accurate.....bang on mate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I always thought it was an ongoing fourum joke about running out of likes until I just run out of likes! :crylaugh:

That'll teach you for being so bloody positive!

• Haha 1

We had a discussion in the summer transfer thread a few days ago about what, “taking it up the ricker with the rough end of a pineapple”, was. Well I’m fairly sure Jurgen Klopp has a pretty good idea now. 

Â