Ross Barkley

LondonLax

50 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Jesus christ why are all our interviewers so shit. They ask like 3 questions at once. Say uh regularly and try to give the players answers/put words in their mouths 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Confused 1

Excellent signing.

Lovely news to have today being pretty much out of the blue, despite the strong links.

Really excited to see him playing. I imagine having a regular starting spot is going to be great for him and us. Really hope there's an option to buy included

Looked a bit down in his interview so I went ahead and watched his 1st when he joined Chelsea. He seemed a little more upbeat ,does not smile much but bare in mind he just joined the champions of the prem at that time. 

Here if anyone wants to see.

• Thanks 1

Big year for Ross.

With the Euros next summer he will have wanted to get guaranteed first team football - absolutely delighted he's chosen to do it at Villa.

I hope we do have a option to buy - because if he has a good season and does well at the Euros - will be a big price tag!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like that he sees himself as a #8. Exactly what we need, that'll do very nicely Ross.

I was thinking the same.....Dean has his No 8.......I ran out of likes, not surprising on a day like this, VT should have lifted the restriction for the day.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They hate that we also don't play their media games. We don't need them, we can go about our business quietly, without trying to suck up to them and appeasing them.

Makes you wonder if there is some truth in that.  They got shown up last window with our under the radar signings. How can they milk the hype and the betting market if they don't know what we're doing.  F**kers

Barkley was who Smith was talking to Jack about after the Burton game then, along the lines of “he can’t wait to come & play with you”...

Transfers take time... (don’t rule out Rashica!)

Gonna be so exciting & entertaining to see them link up & we have actual quality around them too. We are looking a drastically better side already with the additions, and improvement & experience of existing players, and we now actually have options & flexibility within the squad...

We may well be bringing another 1 or 2 players in yet, Dean will have a job on his hands to keep everyone happy but I think we will have a great season and that will help massively! 

Let’s go and upset the established order! We can make waves this season!

UTV

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Just now, Michelsen said:

With this signing, our squad is suddenly looking really quite strong, and in much betyer shape than what I thought we could reasonably expect. It really has been a remarkable turnaround since the lows of The Walcott’s equaliser at Goodison just a couple of months ago. 

I don’t think I’ve felt this bullish about the Villa in about a decade. 

Finally moved away from risky signings to more known articles. I’m loving it.

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A few interesting things in that interview:

- talking to Jack for last couple of weeks about how good it would be "when he's here". Looks like it's been in the pipeline for a while. Makes you wonder what the hold up was as Chelsea didn't need him, but were playing him anyway.

- Specifically mentioned linking up with McGinn and Jack when talking about where he sees himself playing..then mentioned that he only knows the English lads. Suggests he was sold that line up when he was signed. 

- whilst he wasn't overly smiley, like our last couple of signings, I dont take it as necessarily a bad thing.  He doesn't seem like that kind of person in general, so think it's just his nature.

Here's hoping for a cracking season of him linking up with Jack and them both scoring/assisting a shedload. 

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Darren Bent imo.

I dunno, yes that was a good signing, but that always felt half statement and half panic signing to me, we were in a desperate situation then.

Barkley feels more like an on the up statement signing to me, which has a whole different feel to it.

Edited by MaVilla

Â