Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Of course it would be great if we have an option to buy, but even if we don't, this is an incredible signing.

If he enjoys it here he'll end up signing anyway. He is done at Chelsea. 

Even if he had a blinder for us I’d be surprised if he went back into the Chelsea First team long term. Chelsea are all about making the shiny new signings every year so they will no doubt but another CM Next window and we can convince Ross to join us permanently if he has a good year here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

This is the type of signing that Grealish would have been hoping for when he signed his new deal

Im pretty certain its the type of signing he would have known about when he signed it 

13 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

This is a loan signing, alot of other clubs would of been in for his signature - Saints etc. We finished the lowest out of everyone in the Premier League. In that aspect we are the least attractive team to be in for him in theory. How are Purslow, Dean and Lange persuading a player of this calibre to pick us over everyone else. It's brilliant. 

- John Terry and Lampard connection

- paying higher portion of his salary than others were willing to pay

- the chance to play with Jack Grealish

- looking at our 4th place in the league and 4 wins out of 4 this season.

11 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

This is the type of signing that Grealish would have been hoping for when he signed his new deal

Well he posted a load of Love emojis under his announcement.

So it's fair to say he is over the moon with it!

31 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I've been thinking......(dangerous I know but hear me out).

This is a loan signing, alot of other clubs would of been in for his signature - Saints etc. We finished the lowest out of everyone in the Premier League. In that aspect we are the least attractive team to be in for him in theory. How are Purslow, Dean and Lange persuading a player of this calibre to pick us over everyone else. It's brilliant. 

I guess JT had a hand in it.

34 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I've been thinking......(dangerous I know but hear me out).

Have to think that 6 points from 2 league games this season has made the persuasion a little bit easier as well. Dean and co. can tell players all they want “this year will be different,” but it becomes much more believable with some evidence to back it up.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Sky’s anti Villa agenda is showing strong today “Up next, we look at where has it all gone wrong for Ross Barkley as he signs for Aston Villa on loan” - the disrespect is outrageous.

You’re joking??

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Sky’s anti Villa agenda is showing strong today “Up next, we look at where has it all gone wrong for Ross Barkley as he signs for Aston Villa on loan” - the disrespect is outrageous.

That is absolutely scandalous, sensationalist media s***

Bet Sky can't wait until we get a defeat....

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

WTF!

There is so much jiggery pokery on VT and t'internet in general that my first reaction to this post genuinely was that it was fake news. Had to go and Google a few sources before it sunk in that it was genuine.

Look at what you have made me become VT 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Â