Ross Barkley

LondonLax

25 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Well down the pecking order now and rightly so.

That's an exaggeration imo. Ross is struggling a bit but is bound to feature sooner rather than later. If I'm wrong Ill hold my hands up and you can happily quote this back to me :)

• Like 2

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

I've not said you said you hate him....but sure, put words in my mouth 😉

I'm not really sure what point you were trying to make, my feeling is people dont want him to do well. I dont understand that. 

If you can't see my point, then read my post again. It's pretty obvious what my point is. You're helping me make it right now.....

Now you're accusing people of not wanting him to do well. What's next?

He had his chances, he failed multiple times to put in a shift. We have other players that offer more, these players don't belong to another club and don't demand high wages.

Is that clear enough for you ☺️

1 minute ago, birdman said:

That's an exaggeration imo. Ross is struggling a bit but is bound to feature sooner rather than later. If I'm wrong Ill hold my hands up and you can happily quote this back to me :)

I'm thinking of Anwar's good performance too meaning Grealish might go back number 10 whenever he returns to fitness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If you can't see my point, then read my post again. It's pretty obvious what my point is. You're helping me make it right now.....

Now you're accusing people of not wanting him to do well. What's next?

He had his chances, he failed multiple times to put in a shift. We have other players that offer more, these players don't belong to another club and don't demand high wages.

Is that clear enough for you ☺️

Pretty clear, you dont want him to do well. I rest my case

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

Ironically, I wouldn't have minded seeing him coming on with about 20 to go.

In hindsight though, given the type of.performance it was, and the defensive effort required, I'm not sure it would have been the right call.

• Like 1

It happens so much on this forum where people with legitimate criticisms of players, coaches etc get overly defensive despite nobody actually disagreeing with them and claiming that over the top, ad hominem attacks don't exist.

Not to say anyone "hates" him, but I've seen plenty of people in match threads etc (granted not the most sensible places at the best of times for all of us 😂) just call him a "prick" and whatnot which is just a bit crass and can certainly come across as such. I think Barkley has been off the boil for weeks, wanted him on the bench and agree with all the measured criticism of him, but find it weird whether it be here, the Smith or Mings topics where people outright deny there's some unjust or at least unnecessary abuse that gets thrown out there.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ironically, I wouldn't have minded seeing him coming on with about 20 to go.

In hindsight though, given the type of.performance it was, and the defensive effort required, I'm not sure it would have been the right call.

Leeds weren't looking particularly dangerous, we looked fairly comfortable so I imagine Dean thought best to rest him entirely. Same with Doug I imagine. Good news for upcoming games though. 

11 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm thinking of Anwar's good performance too meaning Grealish might go back number 10 whenever he returns to fitness.

True. Its good to have all these options though. A luxury we've not had in previous seasons. 

Generic post for any player thread....

Person A: I don't think he's playing well.

Person B: YOU HATE HIM.

Person A: no he's been out of form.

Person B:  YOU DONT WANT HIM TO DO WELL.

Person A: I think others offer more.

Person B: SEE I TOLD YOU SO, I REST MY CASE

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I didn't watch us tonight. I will try to watch it soon, but I'm intrigued. Of you guys that did watch us. Do you think we'd win that match with Barkley on the pitch? Legit question. 

No I don’t think so, although tough to say.
Ramsey worked hard, not that threatening in attack but put in a very good shift which we haven’t seen at all with Barkley.

Â