Ross Barkley

LondonLax

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Well this is his chance to show whether or not he actually cares about playing football. I suspect the answer is he doesnโ€™t, he will see out his Chelsea contract and slowly disappear.ย 

I think this is highly unlikely, tbh. Think about the situation Ross was in - if he hadn't gone out on loan, he'd be out of contract at Chelsea in a year or two and then a midtable team would probably have snapped him up on a decent 4 year contract.

Instead, he decided to go out on loan to get proper football. If it goes badly for him (which it has beenย so far) then he'll probably end up at a relegation candidate or playing in the Championship. I don't think he'd have done that if he didn't care about football. Why take the risk otherwise?

As a poster above said, we should get behind Ross now he's finally been dropped. Maybe he's been struggling with covid or just had a bad patch of form. Hopefully he'll come on in a few substitude appearances and do something amazing, perhaps even force his way into the team. We'd be stronger if he did. And if he doesn't, he goes back to Chelsea. It's a win-win situation for us now.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think this is highly unlikely, tbh. Think about the situation Ross was in - if he hadn't gone out on loan, he'd be out of contract at Chelsea in a year or two and then a midtable team would probably have snapped him up on a decent 4 year contract.

Instead, he decided to go out on loan to get proper football. If it goes badly for him (which it has beenย so far) then he'll probably end up at a relegation candidate or playing in the Championship. I don't think he'd have done that if he didn't care about football.

As a poster above said, we should get behind Ross now he's finally been dropped. Maybe he's been struggling with covid or just had a bad patch of form. Hopefully he'll come on in a few substitude appearances and do something amazing, perhaps even force his way into the team. We'd be stronger if he did. And if he doesn't, he goes back to Chelsea. It's a win-win situation for us now.

I honestly can't get my head around the level of hatred people have for him..

• Like 3

Ross, go get yourself sorted on the training field. Get the fitness up to scratch, find your self belief again and come back in a couple of weeks ready to fire us to Europe. Good lad.

• Like 1

I'm not replying directly, but where is this level hatred for Ross? I haven't seen anyone say they hate him. I just don't want him playing football for the club I support.ย 

Talk of hatred is just some people trying to deflect from deserved, appropriate and accurate criticism of a player who is picking up big wages and offers very little.

Ramsey didn't have a great match by any means but he was still better than Barkley performance of late. A villa lad only 19 starting one of his first matches, offered more than almighty King Ross!

If you can admit you're wrong then that's ok, but maybe ๐Ÿคซ on the subject is the way to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm not replying directly, but where is this level hatred for Ross? I haven't seen anyone say they hate him. I just don't want him playing football for the club I support.ย 

Talk of hatred is just some people trying to deflect from deserved, appropriate and accurate criticism of a player who is picking up big wages and offers very little.

Ramsey didn't have a great match by any means but he was still better than Barkley performance of late. A villa lad only 19 starting one of his first matches, offered more than almighty King Ross!

If you can admit you're wrong then that's ok, but maybe ๐Ÿคซ on the subject is the way to go.

I think its quite clear that people hate him. Why does this board even have comments today, he didnt feature, would make more sense to put the Jacob Ramsey comments in the Jacob Ramsey thread.

For me hes not been good enough, deserved to be dropped but my ideal outcome is that Dean gets him firing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think its quite clear that people hate him. Why does this board even have comments today, he didnt feature, would make more sense to put the Jacob Ramsey comments in the Jacob Ramsey thread.

For me hes not been good enough, deserved to be dropped but my ideal outcome is that Dean gets him firing.

I've said I don't hate him, but sure put words in my mouth. I used Ramsey as a comparison to a performance I expect in midfield.

If he didn't play, then why are you here??

I think you've just proved my point ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Yep.

We went one nill up and someone's first thought was to mock him in the match thread.ย 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I've said I don't hate him, but sure put words in my mouth. I used Ramsey as a comparison to a performance I expect in midfield.

If he didn't play, then why are you here??

I think you've just proved my point ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've not said you said you hate him....but sure, put words in my mouth ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm not really sure what point you were trying to make, my feeling is people dont want him to do well. I dont understand that.ย 

• Like 1

ร—
ร—
ร‚