Ross Barkley

LondonLax

35 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Difference was I felt for Drinkwater because he had the passion for Villa and gave all he had - which wasn't much sadly. There is zero evidence that Ross sees himself as a Villa man now or in the future and that ain't for me !

Yeah I do remember him wildy celebrating on the sidelines when we scored, even though nothing was working for him.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I do remember him wildy celebrating on the sidelines when we scored, even though nothing was working for him.

Didn't he fight his own teammates and then later talk shit about his time at Villa? 

I think people read too much into body language. When it's going well, people love their adopted clubs. When it's not, not so much.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't he fight his own teammates and then later talk shit about his time at Villa? 

I think people read too much into body language. When it's going well, people love their adopted clubs. When it's not, not so much.

The fighting part, yeah.

I've never seen him talking shit about his time at Villa though? You mixing him with McCormack? lol

Also, to be fair, when was it ever going well for him here?

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Every midfield has to also defend. It’s always been that way. Otherwise we may as well be playing a 442 with Barkley up front. In fact that’s what it looks like!

Not a great goalscoring record for a striker though, is it? 🤣

21 hours ago, Thug said:

I am disappointed too.

But SHOULD we be disappointed?

He’s current goals/assists rate is exactly what his career average is.  In fact he’s averaging MORE goals per game with us than his career average.

We all just thought he was a better player than what he actually is.  

We signed a 27yr old player that throughout his career did no defensive work, and was involved in a goal every 4 games.

We’ve got a player that does no defensive work and is involved in a goal every 4 games.

Why were we actually expecting anything different?

At least it’s only a loan signing.

• Like 1

Barkley has been quite average so far at the moment. Would Tuchel want him back at Chelsea? Probably not.

I really thought Grealish and Barkley would be a very good duo together. Hmm.....

He hasn’t been great, I only watched him jog around v Leicester on Sunday and didn’t do a lot.

I genuinely thought he’d be a great loan signing for us but he is seeming quite bad at the moment.  Smith said in an interview he’d rather play the same side out every game and keep playing Barkley. I’d rather see what Morgan Sanon is like if he starts.

Likewise for Smith, if he keeps playing the same side out, he knows how good/bad his players are.

4 hours ago, Louis said:

Barkley has been quite average so far at the moment. Would Tuchel want him back at Chelsea? Probably not.

I really thought Grealish and Barkley would be a very good duo together. Hmm.....

He hasn’t been great, I only watched him jog around v Leicester on Sunday and didn’t do a lot.

I genuinely thought he’d be a great loan signing for us but he is seeming quite bad at the moment.  Smith said in an interview he’d rather play the same side out every game and keep playing Barkley. I’d rather see what Morgan Sanon is like if he starts.

Likewise for Smith, if he keeps playing the same side out, he knows how good/bad his players are.

I think we all did.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

just a conspiracy theory.

Was Dean the instigator of Barkley and Lange of Sanson?....something does seem funny.

Dean seemed genuinely delighted by the arrival of Sanson and I think that both him and Purslow have suggested that our interest in him predates Lange.

I don’t think the persistence with Barkley relates to Sanson. I wonder if Smith gave Barkley one last chance to shine in front of Southgate. At what point do they find out when the England manager is coming to watch the game.

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Dean seemed genuinely delighted by the arrival of Sanson and I think that both him and Purslow have suggested that our interest in him predates Lange.

I don’t think the persistence with Barkley relates to Sanson. I wonder if Smith gave Barkley one last chance to shine in front of Southgate. At what point do they find out when the England manager is coming to watch the game.

I really hope that that isn't the case.

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I wonder if Smith gave Barkley one last chance to shine in front of Southgate. At what point do they find out when the England manager is coming to watch the game.

I'm confident Dean Smith could not care less if an out of favour Chelsea player gets to go and play Albania next month. 

9 hours ago, TRO said:

just a conspiracy theory.

Was Dean the instigator of Barkley and Lange of Sanson?....something does seem funny.

well, i dunno, Purslow did say they enquired about Sanson in the summer but the price at the time was too high.

Another conspiracy theory might be they tried for Sanson, couldnt afford the price quoted in the summer and Barkley was the fallback position?

Or maybe they wanted both?, i dunno, hard to know., personally i think we would have had both in the summer if we could have done it??

Â