Ross Barkley

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I didn't watch us tonight. I will try to watch it soon, but I'm intrigued. Of you guys that did watch us. Do you think we'd win that match with Barkley on the pitch? Legit question. 

No way, not tonight. Needed legs in the midfield to combat Leeds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I didn't watch us tonight. I will try to watch it soon, but I'm intrigued. Of you guys that did watch us. Do you think we'd win that match with Barkley on the pitch? Legit question. 

Probably not.  I don't think you can win many PL games with somebody so immobile anyway.  McGinn looked a lot better not having to do Ross's donkey work as well as his own.  Ramsey had energy and was neat on the ball and Samson did well for 15 minutes again.   That said if we hadn't scored inside the first 5 minutes and had to play a bit more football for the rest of the match it might have been different.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hopefully we never see the response. 

I know it sounds harsh, but I don’t care. He’s not our player and he’s been largely woeful since returning from his injury. I don’t buy into any of the excuses about match fitness, training ground being closed etc. 

It’s the same for everybody. I’d rather play Ramsey for the rest of the season. And if not Ramsey, then Sanson. And if not Sanson, then Nakamba/Luiz. 

You get the point. Let’s improve our own. No need to play this charlatan. 

And why should he care? 

As far as he is concerned he doesn't care about the club. He is just here on loan. 

Players such as Sanson is here because they genuinely want to play here. Barkley is just here to play with his mate Jack. 

Edited by villalad21

Initially was blown away by him and thought it was a no brainer to sign him even for £40mill. Then the excitement wore off and the cold realisation kicked in.. I don’t think  he is worth the £30million plus it will take to sign him. .. As @Delphinho123 said we should play OUR players  Ramsey’s & Nakamba deserve there spots plus Sanson- THAT  should be our midfield next game! With Berkeley as super sub🤔🤞🏻

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We were always going to be better without him because it meant we’d have 11 players. I didn’t think we’d win though. 

It’s frustrating that we stuck with him as long as we have done since his injury. 

I think we’d be 2/3 points better off now had we played with Ramsey/Nakamba in the middle for the last 6 weeks. 

Like I say, I genuinely don’t want to see him in the side again. Why? Because it will mean that whoever’s keeping him out is playing well and it’s working for the team. 

Just on Barkley as an individual. I don’t know where he goes from here. He strikes me as an arrogant individual who believed the hype as a youngster. Football has changed a lot in the last 2/3 years with teams being fitter and pressing harder. He absolutely has to adapt his game if he wants to remain a premier league player. He’ll get his 100k for another 18 months or so I imagine but I can’t see him getting even half for his next contract. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Sorry if this has already been said, but it'll be really interesting to see how Barkley responds to being dropped for a youth player. I think we can (almost) guarantee he won't throw a strop when being subbed again.

Hes not really a " youth player " really though is he?

Wasn't that the death knell for Connor as well?

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

19 year old Jacob Ramsey not really a youth player?

What I mean is,  he is very much a first team squad player now. He hasn't just been pulled out the youth team to come in and replace Barkley

Hes been in the squad before Barkley got here.

So even if he was 15, he is a first team player and got as much right to be there.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Ross has to work to get his place back now...

He came here with the expectation to show his worth and try to get into the England squad...

If he can pull his socks up and show the same level of performances that he did when he first came to us, then brilliant...

But its all on him now... Because the midfield performance today was fantastic

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just on Barkley as an individual. I don’t know where he goes from here. He strikes me as an arrogant individual who believed the hype as a youngster. Football has changed a lot in the last 2/3 years with teams being fitter and pressing harder. He absolutely has to adapt his game if he wants to remain a premier league player. He’ll get his 100k for another 18 months or so I imagine but I can’t see him getting even half for his next contract. 

I can see the Steve Burces of this world smacking their lips on the prospect of signing him even if he does flop in the near future. 5 year deal on 75ish k a week for a 29 year old who was great in patches 5 years previously. 

This is not me saying that Barkley WILL be a flop, rather than he might. Just making that clear. He needs to sort himself out though. 

I’ve been banging the drum for him to be dropped for weeks now, because he deserved to be dropped.

By the same token, if he comes off the bench, and a plays himself back into the team, I’ll be delighted - because that’s a good thing for my team.

At least currently we are where we should be - nobody gets a free ride.

But If he just walks back into the team for the next match... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s frustrating that we stick with him as long as we have done since his injury. 

I think we’d be 2/3 points better off now had we played with Ramsey/Nakamba in the middle for the last 6 weeks. 

Like I say, I genuinely don’t want to see him in the side again. Why? Because it will mean that whoever’s keeping him out is playing well and it’s working for the team. 

Man, I begrudgingly agree with a lot of that. You say it directly but it's true.

He needs time on the bench, watching ‘lesser’ players than himself play instead of him - purely because they have bigger bollocks.

Let him watch a 19yr old Ramsay run in and put in a slide tackle.  Let him watch AEG run 40 yards to catch up with a player and put in a tackle.  Let him watch JMcG run up and down the pitch being effective at both ends.

Let him understand why they’re playing and not him.  Then give him 15 minutes to go do the same, then 20, then 30, and if he’s doing it, maybe give him a start.

It’s just a shame that at age 27, he still needs to be taught this.

He came here to get his england place back.  He’s going to leave here wondering whether his next loan move will be to a championship team if he’s not careful.

Just needs to pull up his socks, grow a pair, and get stuck in.

He *could* be a star, but needs to learn to compete first.  All his training needs to be focused on how to tackle and how to win a ball.  
He’s only got 13 games left to prove himself,  I sincerely hope he gets a chance to do it.  

Come on for the last 15 in the next game,  and just put in one crunching tackle.  Get a booking for your effort if need be.  But for your careers sake, show that you’re willing to get dirty for the cause.

• Like 3

Â