Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

Just now, avfcDJ said:

Same. Think we could have another crash down for that game. We seem to have some really good form and then it all tumbles down again. 

Watching this game, I don't think many of their players get in to our team in current form. They can't be this bad all of the time though!

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Watching this game, I don't think many of their players get in to our team in current form. They can't be this bad all of the time though!

I also agree with this. But it’s the sort of game we would lose as we are confident. We are a strange team. Give it 12 months and I think we will be more confident - we just don’t have the squad.

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Naaaaah. If we end up in the CL it’s because we deserve to be there. 

Don't think that is his point.

I too am worried we would be stretched and our League performances would suffer.

We don't have the depth to handle it right now IMO.

Not like I would complain if we did mind.

Performances and improvements from squad players have encouraged me recently though.

Champions League would give us the pull we need for those 2 or 3 top notch cogs in the wheel.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bit worried about fatigue though.

Very reminiscent of MON era when he would play the same team every week and his teams got burned out around new year.

We play again on Monday already.

Can’t change a winning team though and our back up players are not good enough!  Plus players love playing when winning...

We’ve only played 13 league as well, most of the big teams have played all those European games as well so we haven’t played that many games in comparison to most teams.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bit worried about fatigue though.

Very reminiscent of MON era when he would play the same team every week and his teams got burned out around new year.

We play again on Monday already.

i wonder if our recent injuries and suspensions will be a blessing. It feels like the same team every week but in reality, Cash, Konsa, Luis, Traore, Barkley have all had breaks. Mings will now miss a game as well and I think Target and Mcginn are also close. Were not actually playing that much, second string in the cups and and no europe so actually this year i dont think we have to worry about fatugue to much.

• Like 1

CL too early? Nah, you have to take that first step. We will struggle if we did, in both the Cl and the PL but it has to happen then you build on it. It raises the clubs profile, it attracts better players, it provide the finances for the next step.

It can’t come soon enough!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i wonder if our recent injuries and suspensions will be a blessing. It feels like the same team every week but in reality, Cash, Konsa, Luis, Traore, Barkley have all had breaks. Mings will now miss a game as well and I think Target and Mcginn are also close. Were not actually playing that much, second string in the cups and and no europe so actually this year i dont think we have to worry about fatugue to much.

No way will we be playing second string against a revenge seeking  Liverpool in FA Cup.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't think that is his point.

I too am worried we would be stretched and our League performances would suffer.

We don't have the depth to handle it right now IMO.

Not like I would complain if we did mind.

Performances and improvements from squad players have encouraged me recently though.

Champions League would give us the pull we need for those 2 or 3 top notch cogs in the wheel.

Was thinking this myself recently, it got me wondering who are the ones we replace in the current first team? It’s hard to think of who’d be dropped at the minute.

Â