Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Win our 2 games in hand and we are second. The points dropped against Brighton, West Ham and Burnley when we were the better team in each are a bit frustrating in that light. Just hope these level of performances can continue.

Win both our games in hand, we're in 2nd

4 points from those games, and we're in 3rd

3 points we're in 5th (possibly 6th, if we lose to Man City)

1 point and we're in 8th, still within striking distance of European places

0 and we stay where we are at mid-table

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Win our 2 games in hand and we are second. The points dropped against Brighton, West Ham and Burnley when we were the better team in each are a bit frustrating in that light. Just hope these level of performances can continue.

Man Utd have a game in hand and are 4 pts clear of us. 

So wrong

Frustrating that we couldn't beat Burnley and lost to Brighton and West Ham. Could easily have 30 points! 

What a transformation from Smith. Mid table in the Championship less than 2 years ago. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We badly need Konsa to recover for Palace game.

Engels and Hause could be a comedy and terrifying to watch

Yeah because those two rock solid clean sheets that Hause has presided over have been a disaster 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah because those two rock solid clean sheets that Hause has presided over have been a disaster 

We have faced dinosaurs so far.

Palace plays more actual football. And those are the games where Hause usually struggle.

Much more optimistic if Konsa recovers

To be fair I think we need to beat Palace on Christmas Eve because our January is a horror show. 

Do that and pick up a few points here and there in January and we should be in a good position for a push in February, March. 

• Like 2

If we beat Palace and Chelsea I’ll post a picture of my cigar (oooh matron).

Got a Cuban cigar  to close out this shocker of a year but villa might give me cause for celebration if we hit new year on 28 points 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

To be fair I think we need to beat Palace on Christmas Eve because our January is a horror show. 

Do that and pick up a few points here and there in January and we should be in a good position for a push in February, March. 

Should be easy, I doubt Palace will turn up on Christmas Eve.

• Haha 1

Something that I'd never thought of saying in late December:

• We are still the best rated team in the 5 major European leagues according to WhoScored (7.03 average match rating)
  • Grealish ranks top in player match ratings
  • Most clean sheets in the PL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Something that I'd never thought of saying in late December:

• We are still the best rated team in the 5 major European leagues according to WhoScored (7.03 average match rating)
  • Grealish ranks top in player match ratings
  • Most clean sheets in the PL

Performance wise I think we've been right up there with Liverpool this season and we've just about bested our head to head with them too. It's astounding that we can say that 2 years after languishing in midtable in the Championship.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Performance wise I think we've been right up there with Liverpool this season and we've just about bested our head to head with them too. It's astounding that we can say that 2 years after languishing in midtable in the Championship.

Incredible progress. 

To the neutral we have gone completely under the radar. We have been incredible. Leeds were better than us, Wolves/Leicester games were even, all the rest we dominated. 5 away wins, 7 clean sheets, only team to beat (destroy) Liverpool, most chances created per game, best player in the league. Smithball is coming to the fore and I love it

• Like 2

It took us until game 23 last year to get 22 points, so we’re 11 games ahead of where we were last season... that speak volumes to me. What a progression we’ve seen since Glen Whelan missed that penalty and the cabbage was thrown! 😆 

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It took us until game 23 last year to get 22 points, so we’re 11 games ahead of where we were last season... that speak volumes to me. What a progression we’ve seen since Glen Whelan missed that penalty and the cabbage was thrown! 😆 

Remember it like yesterday and some of the gifs:

angry dog GIF

The transformation in us in such a small space of time is astonishing really.

• Haha 1

Just keep looking at the table and thinking about West Ham, Brighton and Burnley games and the defending v Southampton. It could easily have been even better, that we are where we are and I’m saying that is remarkable. 
January looks tough but at the moment nobody will look forward to playing us.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Just keep looking at the table and thinking about West Ham, Brighton and Burnley games and the defending v Southampton. It could easily have been even better, that we are where we are and I’m saying that is remarkable. 
January looks tough but at the moment nobody will look forward to playing us.

January not looking great but it’s about whether we turn up and deliver. If we do then we are taking points off everyone.

Palace i feel is a crucial game. If we perform we will win no doubt, whatever They offer on the day.

then we have Chelsea who we can go toe to toe with. 

it take four points and get us to 25 points from 14. If we maintain that for the season we probably get fourth at 68 points.

The lay of the land 1-Feb is a very exciting prospect 

Can’t believe there’s now all this Man United title talk... err hello, are you forgetting how close Aston Villa are plus we beat the defending champions 7-2. 

I think this is a conversation the media needs to start thinking about.

Â