Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 13/01/2022 at 17:44, A'Villan said:

Traore has been a solid inclusion in our squad to date. Deft touch, always has the defender biting like they have a chance, and before you know it, Traore has them off balance leaning in and then having to scramble to recover position.

Scored or assisted in one third of the games he played last season, which was most. 

Some of the slights he gets on here I just don't understand. I actually enjoy the guys work more often than not.

I think most if not all recognise he is very skillful. It's his lack of awareness of others, closing down and decision making releasing the ball that are the issue. Sometimes being super skillful isn't enough on its own for certain systems.

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Emi

Cash - Konsa- Mings- Digne

McGinn - Luiz - Coutinho

Traore - Watkins - Buendia

Makes us too weak in the middle unfortunately. 

Coutinho in the front 3 and Ramsey/Sanson in the middle. 

Coutinho has played in a midfield three enough times to of been signed by Barcelona to replace Iniesta there.

In regards to dropping Ramsey, no, I am merely posting a starting xi which I would have no issue seeing on any given match day.

I do want to add though, while Ramsey is in fine form, and should be recognised for it, Traore scored or assisted in one third of the games he featured in last season, which was most. That's fine form too.

In this team, he might go on to achieve double digits tallies for both goals and assists.

SG has some wonderful selection options.

Edited by A'Villan

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Coutinho has played in a midfield three enough times to of been signed by Barcelona to replace Iniesta there.

In regards to dropping Ramsey, no, I am merely posting a starting xi which I would have no issue seeing on any given match day.

I do want to add though, while Ramsey is in fine form, and should be recognised for it, Traore scored or assisted in one third of the games he featured in last season, which was most. That's fine form too.

In this team, he might go on to achieve double digits tallies for both goals and assists.

SG has some wonderful selection options.

Yeah and how well did that work? 

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah and how well did that work? 

They never ended up giving him that role as they had discussed in the talks that took him to the Nou Camp. He was mostly played on the wing in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. 

I suppose to answer your question though, it worked well for Liverpool, hence Barcelona paying what they did.

Edited by A'Villan

14 hours ago, A'Villan said:

They never ended up giving him that role as they had discussed in the talks that took him to the Nou Camp. He was mostly played on the wing in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. 

I suppose to answer your question though, it worked well for Liverpool, hence Barcelona paying what they did.

He played LW for the Liverpool though for the most part. And a little bit of CAM when Mane joined. But mostly LW. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Doubt he’ll be here next season.

How random , what’s your theory on why he won’t be here next season? And don’t give me the luxury player doesn’t work for the team stuff that simply isn’t true. 

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

How random , what’s your theory on why he won’t be here next season? And don’t give me the luxury player doesn’t work for the team stuff that simply isn’t true. 

I can't see how we have enough space to give him game time ahead of Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey or Chukwuemeka. That's assuming Coutinho and Chuk are singing new contracts in summer to stay with Villa for next few years.

He'll have a book value of 8.5m remaining and 2 years left on his contract this summer. If he's going to struggle to be part of the plans we should look to loan him out (for a nice loan fee) or sell him. 

Â