Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nah. Grealish was MotM by some distance. We're just gotten used to it, and used to Traore being shite. Thus you think he was MotM. 

As for Traore I think he played well today. You can see what he's about, and I think he'll over time be a very handy squad player for us, but I still think he's way to slow and pedestrian for a right winger role. We need pace and urgency. We would never have gotten away with the stuff today if we didn't play a dog shit albion side with 10 men. 

So while Traore played well and show cased his style of play, I really think we need different and better on the RW. 

You thought he looked slow?

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yep. Dwells on the ball a lot, and doesn't have the acceleration I'd like to see there either.

He played well today, but I can't see him being what we need. Against better sides with 11 men he'd be losing possession left and right today.

Keep him centrally with Barkley methinks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He plays slow and relaxed, not a criticism though, I think the speed is there and more importantly the speed of thought is there

I said in the match thread does the pitch look slow to anyone else, that was largely based on some of traores passes having zero zip to them, looked almost lazy due to the lack of pace on them but I stand by it being the pitch and not him 

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

that goal was something else to see, almost mesmerising.

The last time I saw a goal like that was Thierry Henry when he literally passed the ball in to the bottom corner from 18-20 yards out.

When you see some of the things he can do with the ball (the goal today, the one against Bristol City, the flick volley over his head in the box last week etc) you can tell he’s a baller. We need to play to his strengths and good things will happen on the pitch. 

• Like 1

By far and away his best game. Starting to link up well with Jack. They were interchanging positions nicely. 
Great finish for goal. 
He will frustrate at times, and his lack of right foot is annoying, but will also show talent and some great skill.

Â