Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You beat me to it.

Was insistent he was shite when reported we were signing him, to the point of " Lange out if this is all he can muster up" so he has got to stay in that lane, no matter what. lol

You'll have to take that narrative from his cold dead hands 😂

• Haha 1

Had 2 good chances against Liverpool in a 5 minute cameo. Probably a testament to how hard we were battering them. I liked that one moment when he got the ball from Cash I think and just ran at Robertson, forcing him to run back. Haven't seen anything like that on our right side for years.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rolta said:

You're trying too hard mate. He did have a bad first touch...once. Apparently it was a catastrophe?! Lol. 

You're willing him to be rubbish so much. Go ahead by all means, but everyone can tell what you're doing.

I literally write he needs time before we can assess it correctly. As for my initial assessment. It's an opinion. I know shocking stuff on a message board. 

We can't all be sheep. I'll leave that to you. 

I think he’s talented, I just think that there are few talented wingers out there in the Championship which we won’t be able to get after this season. 
So getting Benrahma or one of the top wingers down there won’t be because of Traore being bad, probably because squad depth and that we don’t lose the talent to another PL competitor. I look forward for Traore to get up to speed, I think he’ll show what he can do especially with Jack and Barkley giving the other the other team more of the worry which will give spaces to Bertramd.

I call it as I see it. I have no set point of views for any of our players. 

Traore has not impressed me by his camoes so far. I'd be astounded if he starts over Trez any time soon. If I thought he starts impressing or even put in a half good shift, I'd say so right away. 

I said the same thing about Grealish in the middle at the start of last season and got slaughtered for it. I think I was proven right he shouldn't have been central and him starting there was detrimental to our performances. And I was proven wrong on how effective he'd be at the wing in the PL. He moved to the wing and has been amazing. His development in getting direct and showing end product has been extreme. I've got no problem saying that either.

It's a message board. People will have different opinions on player performances. You seem to think subjective opinions on a performance isn't relevant unless it matches yours. It would be a case to make if you were SAF, but you're not. 

The fact that you're trying to portray an opinion that doesn't match yours to take place due to some underlaying agenda, well it says everything. I'll leave you to it. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Traore has not impressed me by his camoes so far. I'd be astounded if he starts over Trez any time soon. If I thought he starts impressing or even put in a half good shift, I'd say so right away. 

I said the same thing about Grealish in the middle at the start of last season and got slaughtered for it. I think I was proven right he shouldn't have been central and him starting there was detrimental to our performances. And I was proven wrong on how effective he'd be at the wing in the PL. He moved to the wing and has been amazing. His development in getting direct and showing end product has been extreme. I've got no problem saying that either.

It's a message board. People will have different opinions on player performances. You seem to think subjective opinions on a performance isn't relevant unless it matches yours. It would be a case to make if you were SAF, but you're not. 

The fact that you're trying to portray an opinion that doesn't match yours to take place due to some underlaying agenda, well it says everything. I'll leave you to it. 

He won goal of the month with his ‘cameos’ so far......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He won goal of the month with his ‘cameos’ so far......

Haven't seen that, but I assume it's a GotM of Villa picks, i.e. voted forward by Villa fans? So Villa fans voting for the goal of their new expensive winger?

A goal that most likely wasn't an intended shot, but a pass? It ended up being a lovely goal, even if it was pure luck, but I don't think that carries much weight of his camoes so far. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Haven't seen that, but I assume it's a GotM of Villa picks, i.e. voted forward by Villa fans? So Villa fans voting for the goal of their new expensive winger?

A goal that most likely wasn't an intended shot, but a pass? It ended up being a lovely goal, even if it was pure luck, but I don't think that carries much weight of his camoes so far. 

So you didn't like his cameo against Fulham, even though it was clearly a very good cameo? (And yes, it was 'only' Fulham and Fulham are shit)

I get your 'subjective opinion' carrying a lot of weight in your head, but objectively you really do seem to be tailoring things to fit the opinion you made sure everyone on this thread knew you had back when we signed Traore—that you thought he was a bad signing even though you'd never seen him play. It's funny, and it's funny how aggressive you are about it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Only his game against Stoke wasn’t encouraging.

Can’t expect more from only 5 mins against Fulham and Liverpool. Yet he began a great attack to Watkins which wasn’t completed. Then had two great chances against Liverpool, the way he controlled it with his head was really nice. 

Didn’t watch Bristol, but Stoke was bad for everyone. I won’t judge him on that. There is also a problem when judging a player on a cameo or even hard games. We can’t say we’re the best team after doing what we’ve done to Liverpool, yet we can’t say we’re bad when we were hopeless at the first 60mins against a 10 men Sheff Utd. 
We can’t say that Traore would definitely do what he did against Liverpool because he came in an easy circumstances, yet we can’t take credit from him or not notice his ability. 

Basically if you took out Stoke games from your mind, you’ll find his abilities encouraging. I don’t think he’s bad at all, it’s just me wanting to get one of the Championship talents as if we don’t get them now then we won’t get them such as Benrahma, Sarr and Brooks...etc

I’d be happy to give Traore a chance and I think he’ll offer a lot to the team. 

Trez has a great workrate, has some contribution especially in terms of positioning. But he lacks decision making and shooting ability from open play. He doesn’t tricky moves, which all are important to a winger. But he’s useful for the squad and might be the best choice for big games.

Â