Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Regarding Gueye when he went to Everton. Just to show you, a few quotes from VT.

„If we weren't involved I would be looking at Everton from a distance and laughing.  They have finally got a bit of dosh then throw £7m on Gana. Not a player that anyone who wants to achieve anything should be signing. 

"I honestly feel this is a blessing in disguise."

"Think we have got out of jail with this one. "

"If you are truly a good player you would still stand out even in a shite side. He hasn't."

"7.1 mill? Ta very much"

"He was bang average, slightly below even. Not a loss."

I've seen this so often on VT, people absolutely shit on players and they are either fantastic or dreadful. I would just wait until he plays for us until you write him completely off, coming off a rather poor season for Lyon. Could probably find something similar for the other ones. 

To this day I still hear some ignorant fools trying to convince you that Gueye was, and is still, complete shit.  

32 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He's like a poor man's version of Albert Adomah.

I've never seen him play live but I'm absolutely convinced this is hyperbole of the highest order.

You would have had a better chance of dramatic effect success by saying Adama Traore.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Doesn't always work like that.

A lot of players have their better years in the early twenties. This seem to be the case for this guy.

I don't know what has stopped his progress. Whether it is a lack of passion for the game. Bad attitude. Off the field issues.

What i can tell is i'd take Benrahma. Every day of the week.

You literally said Jesse Lingard was good 3-4 years ago, not sure what point you were trying to make but you were basically referring to a time when he was the same age as Traore is now (and only now is he entering the "latter" end of his 20's as he has just turned 25).

You seem to have a problem with this guy for no apparent reason, again with talk of "lack of passion" "bad attitude" "off the field issues" - things you're literally making up in your head. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Pace is worth nothing without end product.

Just watch Daniel James play against a team that sits deep.

By the sounds of it. Traore got terrible decision making. Is very predictable to defend against and he's shooting is bad.

By the sounds of it? 

So you have never actually seen him play, what a surprise crying over nothing as usual

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't recall any on here being filled with joy after losing Amavi, Veretout, Gueye or Adama.

Not even with Westwood. Although he had his critics, there were plenty of people who rated him.

It seem to be a firm agreement among Lyon fans that Bertrand Traore is shit. Should be seen as a big red flag for any of us villa fans. Ligue 1 is not even that great of a league.

There were plenty 'filled with joy' after Westwood left - I'd say the majority of our fan base.  Likewise with any of those you've listed, maybe with the exception of Gueye who I think most people thought was decent enough.  The rest, we were more than happy to see leave.

Lyon knocked Man City out of the CL at QF stage, right?  Hardly a poor team.  

That said, where are you getting your Lyon fan info from?

Players look bad in systems they don't suit and good in systems they do suit. Traore suits the system we play and had his best seasons playing in sides with a fluid attack 4-3-3.

The minutes he played averaged out to 14 games of a 28 game season, so was on the pitch half the time in a side with a wealth of talent. This team got to the champions league finals and the 2 ahead of him (Depay and Dembele) are being linked with the likes of Barcelona. In a different reality people would be calling this a coup. 

Edited by skarroki

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m intrigued to see how bad this player really is. Can’t remember the last time fans were so against a signing. 

Because of what another clubs fans said. Many examples of shit Villa players thriving elsewhere

I’ve been busy working (honest) so missed the last 8 pages or so, can I take a guess and surmise that it’s mostly villalad21 moaning about how shit Traoré is (even though he’s never seen him play), followed by everyone arguing against him? 

Has there been any new news? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m intrigued to see how bad this player really is. Can’t remember the last time fans were so against a signing. 

Everyone still thinks he’s crap after the stats I posted 10 hours ago....

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve been busy working (honest) so missed the last 8 pages or so, can I take a guess and surmise that it’s mostly villalad21 moaning about how shit Traoré is (even though he’s never seen him play), followed by everyone arguing against him? 

Has there been any new news? 

that is literally what the last 8 pages have been

• Like 3

Â