Playstation 5

villarule123

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I have no idea what level of PSPlus I’m on. I’m paying for something I just never changed it from when I paid for it before

I think that means you're on essential then mate 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I have zero desire to play PS1 games so that sounds good, cheers

Yeah same here, I'm not a retro gamer at all, even the snes remake thing from a few years back I picked one up really excited about it but put maybe 20 hours in to it before flogging it

I don't want to play ape escape, I played it at the time and loved it but that time has gone 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah same here, I'm not a retro gamer at all, even the snes remake thing from a few years back I picked one up really excited about it but put maybe 20 hours in to it before flogging it

I don't want to play ape escape, I played it at the time and loved it but that time has gone 

Retro gaming always sounds like a brilliant idea. Then you play one for a bit and realise things have moved on. 

Apart from the odd classic it doesn’t appeal to me

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Retro gaming always sounds like a brilliant idea. Then you play one for a bit and realise things have moved on. 

Apart from the odd classic it doesn’t appeal to me

The extra tier looks decent and if I didn’t have gamepass and half a dozen sealed ps5 games I’d be all over it.

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I don’t know how anyone could not enjoy the yakuza games. Brilliant series. Also, more people should play both of the Judgment games as well. 

To me it is just the overwhelmingness of them before I even start 

8 games (?) circa 20 to 40 hours each (?)

I haven't got the time to enjoy them 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

To me it is just the overwhelmingness of them before I even start 

8 games (?) circa 20 to 40 hours each (?)

I haven't got the time to enjoy them 

That's where I'm at with them. I'm sure they're brilliant but I just don't have the opportunity to play enough to get the most out of them. 

Give me a single player experience of about 20 hours or a multiplayer I can easily dip in and out of and I'm a happy man

32 minutes ago, picicata said:

That's where I'm at with them. I'm sure they're brilliant but I just don't have the opportunity to play enough to get the most out of them. 

Give me a single player experience of about 20 hours or a multiplayer I can easily dip in and out of and I'm a happy man

Just play Zero 👍

As much as the gameplay and quirkiness of it makes it worth playing, I would be shocked if you played it and thought 'yeah I really need to know where this narrative goes next'. 

There's no issue at all with playing Y0 and treating it as a standalone game. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hogso said:

Just play Zero 👍

As much as the gameplay and quirkiness of it makes it worth playing, I would be shocked if you played it and thought 'yeah I really need to know where this narrative goes next'. 

There's no issue at all with playing Y0 and treating it as a standalone game. 

I'll give it a go 👍

59 minutes ago, MCU said:

Why are these consoles still so hard to get?

EDIT: Forget that, literally just looked on ShopTo and there's a couple bundles in stock!

Chip shortages with manufacturers still catching up from COVID, together with the entire shipping industry globally being **** at the moment combining with our own particular logistics issues in the UK to create a rolling shortage that isn't going to be fixed any time soon.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Thinking of plying through guardians of the galaxy next? Is it worth it? 

I thought it was really really good. Dialogue and characters are very well written. Graphics are top notich. Gameplay is a little repetitive but fun.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Thinking of plying through guardians of the galaxy next? Is it worth it? 

for a "free" game yes it is, i didnt finish it because i found the gameplay repetitive but the writing and the characters, voice acting etc is all superb so i can see why a lot of people enjoyed it

on the ghost of tsushima platinum...took me **** ages to find the last hot spring, its wasn't a ? on the map it was at the actual hot springs next to the archer guys dojo, i had to talk to a woman there for her to walk me to it, i had to google it, got 4 or 5 tales to finish and then thats done, first platinum since ni no kuni on the PS3, probably taken me around 60 hours (there's no clock in the game but i think there might be a clock function on the ps5? will have to google that too)

then im on to GoW and will try and get that done before the last of us part 1, as i sit here now having done horizon this year too i think Ghost is the best AAA 1st party exclusive, its just more of my thing than the others, every danger the last of us will change that opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

for a "free" game yes it is, i didnt finish it because i found the gameplay repetitive but the writing and the characters, voice acting etc is all superb so i can see why a lot of people enjoyed it

on the ghost of tsushima platinum...took me **** ages to find the last hot spring, its wasn't a ? on the map it was at the actual hot springs next to the archer guys dojo, i had to talk to a woman there for her to walk me to it, i had to google it, got 4 or 5 tales to finish and then thats done, first platinum since ni no kuni on the PS3, probably taken me around 60 hours (there's no clock in the game but i think there might be a clock function on the ps5? will have to google that too)

then im on to GoW and will try and get that done before the last of us part 1, as i sit here now having done horizon this year too i think Ghost is the best AAA 1st party exclusive, its just more of my thing than the others, every danger the last of us will change that opinion 

When you save on ghosts that gives you your playtime. My last hot springs should have been the first one again with no ? Was a real pain.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Glad you've said that as Ghost is the one I've not played, going to play it after I've finished Horzion 1.

I would probably do Last of Us 1, GoW, then Last of Us Part 2 to break it up. Last of Us 1 is probably my favourite game of all time.

• Like 1

I would put a disclaimer in and say last of us 1 is my favourite story telling in a game but not the best game as the gameplay was slightly off

Expecting last of us part 1 to be incredible, maybe expectations too high but I think it'll be better than GoW

As for ghost, think of a really highly refined assasins creed game with all of sonys AAA quality and none of the 70 strikes to kill someone 

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

rollerdrome getting some good reviews

unfortunately not "free" on psn+ but i think if you've got the premium tier you get a trial

The game is fantastic. I have a few hours in it already and if I wasn't for needing something to eat I'd still be playing now. 

Roll7 are the masters of nailing the gameplay and this game is no different. Those that want a game that is easy to pick up, but hard to master then Rollerdrome is definitely that game. 

• Like 2

My gaming time has severely reduced over the past 6 months with work picking up. However, I did platinum Ghost of Tsushima and can agree that it's a brilliant game. Loved it!

Rather than picking up anything right now, I'm thinking of just waiting for God Of War Ragnarok. 

I've had my eye on Horizon for awhile, but haven't played the first one, and from what I've read, you need to play the first to understand the story of the second?

Â