Playstation 5

villarule123

15 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Yeah, it was updated early last week I think - only been an issue since then...

Surely that wouldn't cause it to delete itself though, it'd just be locked?

It's possible. Like I said it happened with Demons Souls at launch but got patched out.  Have you checked if anyone else has had the problem? With a fanbase as big as FIFA has, I'd imagine it'll be on the net if it's a known bug.

• Thanks 1

Maybe this info will help?

'According to multiple reports, it seems that whenever PS5 users are restarting their console, one or more games have been deleted automatically which is so weird and dramatic too. Well, this is one of the major and serious issues right now for the PlayStation 5 users that can’t be expressed in words if you haven’t faced it. Somehow, plenty of PS5 users are getting affected by this automatic game uninstallation bug and the numbers are increasing every day. We all know that the size of games is too big these days except for the use of the internet and the consumption of time. So, this particular issue needs to be fixed temporarily until Sony fixes it completely."

PS5 deleting games

• Like 1

I did have a Google last night and couldn't see a specific FIFA issue - as you say, with a game of that following you'd imagine there'd be a lot of noise about it.

Does seem like it may be related to the update, I'll have a look at the license when I'm next on - thank you 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair to them I don't want it to go like game pass, I own a ps5 because the games are better, the first party single player exclusives are the best in gaming, no studios are making better, would you get that level of investment and quality if they were "free" on day one? I'm not convinced

What I would like and I'm guessing do like is that sony use the data more, the sales of horizon must have plateaued, they didn't knock it down to £20 at Xmas they held back and then gave it away instead, that's a good model

As for the game itself it's good, it's technically amazing but at the same time its way too big, has the worst parts of the AC scattergun and it's biggest problem is its main character is the worst thing about the game, still smashing the **** out of robot dinosaurs is so satisfying it gets away with most of its faults

And there's more!

Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 and PS5)

The Quarry (PS4 and PS5)

Resident Evil 7 (PS4)

Outriders (PS4 and PS5)

Scarlet Nexus (PS4 and PS5)

Borderlands 3 (PS4 and PS5)

Tekken 7 (PS4)

Ace Combat 7 (PS4)

Earth Defense Force 5 (PS4)

Oninaki (PS4)

Lost Sphear (PS4)

I Am Sestuna (PS4)

The Forgotten City

Will give tekken 7 and borderlands 3 a go

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And there's more!

Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 and PS5)

The Quarry (PS4 and PS5)

Resident Evil 7 (PS4)

Outriders (PS4 and PS5)

Scarlet Nexus (PS4 and PS5)

Borderlands 3 (PS4 and PS5)

Tekken 7 (PS4)

Ace Combat 7 (PS4)

Earth Defense Force 5 (PS4)

Oninaki (PS4)

Lost Sphear (PS4)

I Am Sestuna (PS4)

The Forgotten City

Will give tekken 7 and borderlands 3 a go

You missed the best part. 

PS Plus Classics is finally getting interesting, and features both Legend of Dragoon and Wild Arms 2 - the latter of which will be available in Europe for the first time (officially). 

That leaves the door open for more games like Xenogears, Rhapsody, Parasite Eve, Brave Fencer Musashi, Chrono Cross, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment...and that's just PS1 stuff. 

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

PSVR2 launch day today I believe.  Was interested but the price is insane and the previous iteration got used for about 6 months and it's now sitting in its box gathering dust.

It also doesn't help that 42 of the 49 launch window titles are on the Quest 2 which is a far cheaper and untethered solution. PSVR2 has resolution and overall fidelity on its side, but over £500 (plus the cost of the PS5 itself) to play an on-rails Horizon rock climbing game? The headset arguably doesn't have a killer app which is concerning given the cost. That said I hope anyone buying a PSVR2 enjoys it which is all that matters in the end.

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 2

On 22/02/2023 at 09:23, dubbs said:

PSVR2 launch day today I believe.  Was interested but the price is insane and the previous iteration got used for about 6 months and it's now sitting in its box gathering dust.

I cancelled my pre order in the end. Once I’d got over FOMO. I remembered, same as you I used gen 1 for a few weeks then didn’t touch it again. 

• Like 1

On 22/02/2023 at 09:23, dubbs said:

I'd love one, but 529 wing-wangs is absolutely bonkers. No way could I justify that, especially since when I got ps vr, all the decent games for it just dried up. Unless Sony get a seriously impressive stable of games for PSVR2, I'm not going to go near it.

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It gets better, march 21st PSN extra gets ghostwire Tokyo, immortals fenix rising, tchia, uncharted legacy of thieves, rainbow 6 extraction and more to be announced

That’s great, both Ghostwire Tokyo and Immortals are on my ‘want to play’ list!

But Horizon Forbidden West first which will take a couple of months. And by that time, they’ll be loads of other good games in PS Plus to choose from!

• 4 weeks later...
Â