Playstation 5

villarule123

On 17/07/2022 at 00:16, Stevo985 said:

Yeah God of War is **** brilliant

On the way to being one of my favourite games ever. Certainly alongside Last of Us 2 as my favourite PS4 game (even though I'm playing it on PS5)

Can't get enough of it. I just wish I had more than 1-2 hours a day to play it!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On the way to being one of my favourite games ever. Certainly alongside Last of Us 2 as my favourite PS4 game (even though I'm playing it on PS5)

Can't get enough of it. I just wish I had more than 1-2 hours a day to play it!

Only game I've ever played through twice AND platted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Only game I've ever played through twice AND platted.

I can see how. It doesn’t seem unachievable to 100% it. I’m sure I’ve missed plenty of stuff but exploring is so fun just going over old ground once you’re all geared up shouldn’t be a chore

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I can see how. It doesn’t seem unachievable to 100% it. I’m sure I’ve missed plenty of stuff but exploring is so fun just going over old ground once you’re all geared up shouldn’t be a chore

The ONLY place i hated going back to was the Elfheim kingdom, but once I realised what I was missing, I felt like a turnip.

Everywhere else, was cool.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Middling content addition. I mean there is nothing wrong with most of the games being added, it's just harder to get excited about games that have been out for a while, especially games like Wildlands that exist in a 30FPS format as they didn't get a Pro/PS5 patch.

Also those that signed up to Premium are getting shafted once again. This is yet another update that doesn't add any PlayStation Classics.

I’ve pretty much just used it for nostalgia now. My downloaded library consists of all the Arkham trilogy, Saints Row, Tony Hawks, Syndicate and FIFA. I do have Stray and this Fox Spirit game downloaded too for some nice relaxing gaming

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

• Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Bugsnax
  • Metro Exodus
  • Trials of Mana
  • UNO
  • Monopoly Madness
  • Monopoly Plus

New games added to PSN+ for the top 2 tiers 

I've heard Yazuka is good so i'll give Yazuka 0 a try at some point as i believe that's the newest Yazuka. 

Played the old Metro game, so will give Metro Exodus a go as well. 

Heard good stuff about Bugsnax, can anyone confirm its worth a play?

I played it and it wasn't my thing, it's hard to explain what it is

Gave metro 30 mins on game pass and didn't like it but I need to try it again because it looks like I should

Yakuza now has got to the point where its overwhelming and I don't want to jump in knowing I haven't got the time for it

Wildlands is a typical bang average ubisoft game 

Downloaded Tony hawks and got instantly reminded how bad I am at those games 

Got maybe 10 hours left to platinum ghost of tsushima, its a **** huge game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I've heard Yazuka is good so i'll give Yazuka 0 a try at some point as i believe that's the newest Yazuka. 

Yakuza Like a Dragon is the latest one.

I'm playing it at the moment and absolutely love it! Really good fun.

A quick heads up for anyone wanting to play every Yakuza game though PS+, you will eventually need PS+ Premium.

The series is being released in tiers;

• Yakuza: Like a Dragon is on PS+ Essential, Extra, and Premium right now for the month of August.
  • Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, and Yakuza Kiwami 2 are coming to PS+ Extra and Premium on August 16th.
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered, Yakuza 4 Remastered, and Yakuza 5 Remastered are launching later this year exclusively for PS+ Premium.
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life is launching later this year for PS+ Extra and Premium.

So to play the whole series without flat out buying all the games you will need to be on PS+ Premium at some point in the coming months. Sony putting games exclusively into PS+ Premium seems to be the latest strategy to get people to sign up for that tier, even if it means breaking up franchises to do it. 

I love the Yakuza games, but I wouldn't recommend anyone play through all 6 of them in a short period of time. You'd burn out hard, as 0-6 share many of the same gameplay loops and maps. 0, K1, K2 (Kiwami basically means remaster, they changed a few things following the release of Yazuka 0, which was a prequel to the original Yazuka game, and gave it and 2 some added continuity due to the events of 0) and 6 are the best ones for new players, although there is a connecting story line across all of them, returning characters, that sort of thing.

Like a Dragon is a big departure for the series in a gameplay sense, as it changed from an action game with combat in real time, to a turn based affair more in line with an RPG. It's set in a new location, which was a long time coming. Fortunately it retains a lot of what makes the series so good, the reason I got in to them in the PS2 era is that it was mooted as a Shenmue successor at the time. There were a lot of similarities in that original game, the series evolved after that, and now it's safe to say it's far surpassed anything in any Shenmue game. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Platinum completed on ghosts of tsushima, such a fantastic game, that was my second play through. First on ng+ 

im close! should be in the next week, its a grind near the end, its a massive game

@Stevo985 there's a way of seeing it, like a sliding thing where it shows you all of the benefits and then what tiers they come under, FWIW unless you want to play PS1 games you want to be on the middle one

• Thanks 2

Â