Playstation 5

villarule123

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why does it have to have a wire at all?  Can’t it be wireless like the Quest.

Of course if it was completely wireless that would be fantastic but I'm positive it's already confirmed as having a single wire connecting it to the PS5.

45 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why does it have to have a wire at all?  Can’t it be wireless like the Quest.

The computing is done on the PS5. To make the PSVR2 wireless would mean wireless video transfer between the PS5 and PSVR2 headset which would introduce additional latency.

The Quest 2 is wireless because all the computing is done on the headset, but that also means hardware wise it's very weak, feature wise it's very lacking and battery wise it lasts like 3-4 hours on a single charge (depending what game you play). 

Sony want PSVR2 to be the most cutting edge VR headset on the planet, and that means cutting no corners even if that means the headset having a wire. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wonder what games we'll have next month. Probably ones I've already got.

God of War / Shinobi Striker and Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

Nothing of note.

24 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

God of War / Shinobi Striker and Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

Nothing of note.

The new God of War? Haven't got that.

I read Fallen Order was going to be one.

the PS4 god of war, the viking one, that's already part of the PSN collection...

its a bizarre one, everyone already has it

looking forward to the new service though

edit - @Dante_Lockhart its on EA play so depending what PSN+ you have you might have access to it, i think but im not sure that EA play will be part of the new service too so end of june you'll have access to it

Edited by villa4europe

The ungoodening of PS+ begins. I had a feeling PS+ Essential would take a massive decline the moment PS+ Extra arrived, but I didn't think they'd start before Extra/Premium has even launched in much of the world. 

My advice is to upgrade to PS+ Extra (once available) so you can benefit from where Sony's time, money and energy will be spent going forward. Premium based on the Asia launch isn't worth it as the PS1/PS2 emulation is terrible.

If F1 an Gran Turismo have VR then I'm interested. I think racing games could be one of the biggest beneficiaries of VR.

You don't need to move around, and having peripheral vision in a racing game would be incredible. 

Cockpit views have always bothered me in racing games because it doesn't really give you a proper cockpit view. And even if you get close, seeing what's around you is very difficult. VR could solve that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If F1 an Gran Turismo have VR then I'm interested. I think racing games could be one of the biggest beneficiaries of VR.

You don't need to move around, and having peripheral vision in a racing game would be incredible. 

Cockpit views have always bothered me in racing games because it doesn't really give you a proper cockpit view. And even if you get close, seeing what's around you is very difficult. VR could solve that

Wipeout VR

Would properly **** people up 😂🤢

• Haha 1

I like the look of stray so glad it's on psn+

Also think season looked really interesting but Sony have seemingly shown a couple of indie games like that in the past and they just get lost upon release

Overall a decent 30 mins, I'd play a few of them if they were "free" 

So is this what would have been their e3 show? Bit disappointing if I’m honest as I’m neither a RE or a SF fan.

FF16 looks generic. 

Was hoping for a bit of a deep dive into VR2 too which never materialised. Meh. 

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

So is this what would have been their e3 show? 

No, they have another show called showcase (?) which is where they do like an hour and announce more, state of plays happen every 2 or 3 months are shorter and snappier and usually focus on a specific topic (there wasn't a lot of VR last night) and games that are coming out soon (which again wasn't the case last night)

Id expect the next one to be about 2 weeks before GoW comes out and show 20 mins of gameplay for it

they did put the summer games fest logo on the presentation last night (or maybe gamepsot did?) Id also guess that 2 exclusives are shown on their big presentation on the 9th, 1 will be an update 1 will be something new - but that's a complete guess

They aren't doing an E3 alternative officially, maybe if xbox blows it out of the water they can do another one as a reaction but I think it's almost part of Sony selling so many consoles, they don't need E3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it looks like the problems they had with the Asia launch and not all the games being there has gone 

Its a big list of games... That I will download and not play

Seriously though I'll be looking at ghost of tsushima ps5 edition, concrete genie, control, child of light, death stranding, gravity rush 2, hotline miami 2, shenmue 3, the South Park games 

Eventually ill do red dead 2 and days gone again too

It'll see me through the summer that's for sure 

Â