Playstation 5

villarule123

I don't think I've played a ps5 game yet which is exclusively ps5, as in not on ps4 but there are a few 

The sales will mean the overlap of the 2 generations will be longer too, would be interesting to know just how much of a restraint that is on games, GoW will be on both 

I've said it before (quite a few times 😄)

But the Demons Souls remake is still the only PS5 game where I've thought 'yeah, that's showcasing the power'.

• Like 1

Horizon 2 looks incredible.

Demons Souls is astonishing.

Miles Morales looks amazing.

Returnal is gorgeous in many respects.

A lot of the benefits of the PS5 are fairly subtle. The graphical leap isn't enormous in many cases, but there's a bit of little improvements that make the whole thing that little bit more sumptuous. And then you have things like the loading times, which are barely perceptible at times and even the longest load times are a couple of seconds at most, which is a huge quality of life boost.

I'm in the same boat as most of you; bought the PS5 but not really used it much yet.

Currently playing Ratchet & Clank PS4 & Horizon 1 PS4 as catching up on them both.

I've essentially bought the PS5 for the future games coming up though, so figure it's a worthy investment. I've got Miles Morales & Horizon Forbidden West to play, then GOW2, Hogwarts Legacy, Spiderman 2 all to come.

On 14/07/2022 at 12:21, villa4europe said:

the additional PSN+ games for extra and premium in July have been announced

stray, FF7 remake including the yuffie extra bit, avengers, AC black flag, AC unity and a saints row game

not bad, hoping stray gets good results, i still need to play the yuffie game and i might try black flag because i missed that one, maybe a decent sign that 2 ubisoft games are added as im waiting for origins, watch dogs 2 and far cry 6

Far Cry 6 might still be a year or two away from being added to either tier of PS Plus.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Far Cry 6 might still be a year or two away from being added to either tier of PS Plus.

depends on what ubisoft do with ubisoft+ or whatever they're calling their service, bit like EA play (which im not sure is on the PSN upper tiers) 

they still have far cry 6, riders republic, ghost recon, fenyx rising, AC origins*, watchdog legion to drip feed over the coming months, the AC series is definitely going that way but I can see a few more ubisoft titles going to service games meaning they could lean heavy on PSN+ and game pass

my bold prediction would be far cry 6 makes PSN+ and game pass before the end of the year

* might already be on game pass im not sure

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

depends on what ubisoft do with ubisoft+ or whatever they're calling their service, bit like EA play (which im not sure is on the PSN upper tiers) 

they still have far cry 6, riders republic, ghost recon, fenyx rising, AC origins*, watchdog legion to drip feed over the coming months, the AC series is definitely going that way but I can see a few more ubisoft titles going to service games meaning they could lean heavy on PSN+ and game pass

my bold prediction would be far cry 6 makes PSN+ and game pass before the end of the year

* might already be on game pass im not sure

I’m going to go with August 2023.  

The reason being is that PS Plus Extra gets “Ubisoft+ Classics” subscription, and I feel like Far Cry 6 won’t count as a classic for another year.  

Of course PS could just give it anyway outside of the Ubisoft Classics sub, like they did with AC Valhalla.

So after all the bleating on about not being worth it, my wife is getting my son one as incentive to become a better reader.. 

I said only if I can get god of war on release :lol:

I still think it's a waste over nearly £600.

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is the most next gen game I’ve played so far. It’s beautiful even in the 60fps mode. With the pulse headset the sounds are glorious. 

It will be another 12-24 months until we see games where devs have fully got to grips with the ps5 and what it can do properly. 

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Stray is getting good reviews 

Yeah I’ve watched a few videos and it looks fantastic if a little linear but I like story driven exploration games like that. I’ll get the physical in September when it releases. 

44 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Yeah I’ve watched a few videos and it looks fantastic if a little linear but I like story driven exploration games like that. I’ll get the physical in September when it releases. 

Its "free" on psn+ top 2 tiers

Think as a base its only around 5 hours long too with then a load of side stuff and exploration that can pad it out 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its "free" on psn+ top 2 tiers

Think as a base its only around 5 hours long too with then a load of side stuff and exploration that can pad it out 

5 hours is probably a pretty leisurely playthrough too.

My current playthrough is at 2 hours 57 minutes, I have 60% of the collectables and I'm on the second to last chapter. 

It hasn't been an exhaustive playthrough, but I also haven't been running through it and ignoring everything either. 3-4 hours is probably going to be the average completion time for those not going for 100%. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

PSN+ games for August are little nightmares, yakuza like a dragon and Tony Hawk 1&2

PSN+ sounds a bit outdated now lol 😝

You mean PS Plus Essential, as opposed to PS Plus Extra 😀

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

PSN+ sounds a bit outdated now lol 😝

You mean PS Plus Essential, as opposed to PS Plus Extra 😀

I've never bothered learning what they're all called! 

What I've not seen yet is if the monthly games then join the collection afterwards or just disappear, I always add every game to my library anyway so doesn't make a difference to me personally 

Â