Playstation 5

villarule123

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

There is an event at 9pm on Wednesday to showcase some PS5 games and presumably the release date/price. 

Who's getting one day one? 

Possibly. Depends on the launch games and the backwards compatability functionality. Hopefully most, if not all PS4 games will be playable.

Only thing I need to lookup is whether or not your PSN games list is downloadable on PS5.

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

There is an event at 9pm on Wednesday to showcase some PS5 games and presumably the release date/price. 

Who's getting one day one? 

Me.

I've done the same for all of them since the PS1 (and I still have them all in working order). They have never let me down and I dont expect them to this time.

Bloody excited to get my hands on it 😀

I'll try but can see them being like rocking horse shit this christmas

It'll be for cyberpunk though more than anything else, ill pick up spiderman that's for sure, ratchet and clank might get the benefit of there being nothing else 

My PS4 wish list isn't very big at the moment either, it's all looking a bit quiet, passing interest in AC valhalla and the Mafia remake, xbox one list has nothing on it bar cuphead making game pass, it's not "there's no games for ps5" there's not really much on anything 

12 hours ago, V01 said:

Rumours they're dropping the price to match the £450 of the series x, digital edition alleged to be £299.

Not a chance the DE will be £299. Most likely £349 and £449.

12 hours ago, V01 said:

Rumours they're dropping the price to match the £450 of the series x, digital edition alleged to be £299.

Can't see that happening at all. If the DE is £350 then it will be an amazing price already and they'll likely be taking a rather large loss on each console. 

Plus, the disc drives only cost sony about £15 or something like. So a £150 drop in price for a missing disc drive would be insane.

Edited by PieFacE

I goofed on the DE price, rumour is £399 seems a bit steep in comparison to the Xbox DE but as you say, disc drives don't cost much. The rumours were shared by Game Reactor.

6 hours ago, V01 said:

I goofed on the DE price, rumour is £399 seems a bit steep in comparison to the Xbox DE but as you say, disc drives don't cost much. The rumours were shared by Game Reactor.

Not really, the Series S is much less powerful than the Series X/PS5.

PS5 and DE are identical in power terms just one has a disc drive. 

21 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see that happening at all. If the DE is £350 then it will be an amazing price already and they'll likely be taking a rather large loss on each console. 

Plus, the disc drives only cost sony about £15 or something like. So a £150 drop in price for a missing disc drive would be insane.

Cost of the hardware isn't the big factor. They can drop the price substantially more than the cost of the disk drive because they're locking you in to their store, and you won't be able to borrow games or buy used copies anymore.

That's the one big advantage consoles have left these days, there's no way I'd buy one without being able to play physical copies.

• Like 1

still cant be fussed about this, looks like a shiny shit, maybe at best it'll be a bit of a fun hack and slash, from out of nowhere dynasty warriors 2 was one of my favourite PS2 launch titles and this pulls off the same, hard to see it being more than a 6/10 though

but that should make it 3 exclusives by christmas

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Cost of the hardware isn't the big factor. They can drop the price substantially more than the cost of the disk drive because they're locking you in to their store, and you won't be able to borrow games or buy used copies anymore.

That's the one big advantage consoles have left these days, there's no way I'd buy one without being able to play physical copies.

Yeah that's a fair point.
I haven't used physical media since the PS3/360 generation tbh. With game sharing, as long as you can share your digital library with someone who likes similar games to you then digital games are essentially half price. Though, you also have to trust that person too which can be hard to do haha. 

Can't remember the last time I brought a physical disc copy of a game so I'll be going to the Digital Edition as long as all my games catalogue on PSN is still downloadable. I'd expect so given backwards compatibility with PS4 games.

Talked about this elsewhere... 2 weeks ago I was back in England, traded in 7 games, that's probably the most games I've had on my shelf in over 10 years, I usually have 1 or 2 games max, lost about £30-40 too because I was trading games late, actually took cash because theres nothing I'm interested in, my whole game purchasing is based around trading

back in England in 2 weeks time and ghosts will be taken down CEX maybe for madden probably for cash

I dont get the need for a game collection, I fully get game pass but say for example miles morales no way am I paying £30 for that digitally playing it for 10 hours completing it and then being stuck with it in my library when I can pay £40 for a disc and then trade it for £20 a week later - and that's based on the disc being more expensive which it often isn't 

• Like 2

I get that, I used to be the same. Then I found myself wanting to play through a particular game again down the line. So ended up having to rebuy it to play it. This way I can just download it again if it takes my fancy, and also take advantage of the sales on PSN.

price, date, drop the "launch window" nonsense on some of the games

other than that not that fussed by it, cant imagine they'll show much of anything that out isn't this year which is going to be Sony's biggest advantage again, PS5 exclusive games

at the moment both consoles are struggling to demonstrate why you should buy one at launch rather than wait for the initial demand to die down (its cyberpunk but neither of them can shout that from the rooftop)

This show will hopefully clear up launch a lot. 

I think we'll see games like Demon's Souls join Spider-Man: Miles Morales as a launch title. I think Sony know that the games appeal to different crowds and will add more depth to a launch that has a very casual focus right now. 

We'll likely also get the price today and a date for when pre-orders go live. 

If we see any further out titles today it'll probably be things like Final Fantasy 16 which will no doubt be a timed PlayStation exclusive. 

Â