Playstation 5

villarule123

14 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Is Fallout 76 any good? I play Fallout games to death, but didn't pick up 76 as I'm not big on MMOs.

Fallout 76 is a much better game now than it was at launch. They have ironed out most of the major bugs, and have added a massive amount of story content that is of a rather high standard. The biggest flaw the game has now is that the player still has to play through the story the game had at launch which is absurdly dull. It was from when the game didn't have NPCs and the whole story was told through audio logs, and it's just boring as you feel like you're chasing shadows rather than something that actually exists, but everything post-Wastelanders update is great as there are NPCs now and player choice has returned. It's worth playing if you can get it on the cheap, or if you have a Game Pass sub as the game is part of that subscription. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Fallout 76 is a much better game now than it was at launch. They have ironed out most of the major bugs, and have added a massive amount of story content that is of a rather high standard. The biggest flaw the game has now is that the player still has to play through the story the game had at launch which is absurdly dull. It was from when the game didn't have NPCs and the whole story was told through audio logs, and it's just boring as you feel like you're chasing shadows rather than something that actually exists, but everything post-Wastelanders update is great as there are NPCs now and player choice has returned. It's worth playing if you can get it on the cheap, or if you have a Game Pass sub as the game is part of that subscription. 

Perfect, thanks. Just the kind of summary I was after.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Its on psn+ this month

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its on psn+ this month

Indeed, hence why I was trying to get the skinny on it, see if it's worth sinking time into.

I might give it a go after Ghost. And Judgement. 

Edited by HKP90

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Been reading a few reports of issues related to the liquid metal leaking when the ps5 is vertical.

Anyone heard or experienced any issues relating to this?

I've had my PS5 vertical since launch day and not had any noticeable issues.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Been reading a few reports of issues related to the liquid metal leaking when the ps5 is vertical.

Anyone heard or experienced any issues relating to this?

I think its one of those cases where the Internet is taking an issue that has impacted a small amount of people and are now using it to scaremonger. I'm sure it has happened to some people, but the console has sold 30 million units (so far) so stuff is bound to go wrong for some of them. I don't see leaking liquid metal being a widespread issue though as it's well contained in a sealed chamber, now that seal could break for some users, but I don't see it being a huge issue.

As for hearing anything? No one I know with a PS5 has had issues and they all use it vertically. I've had no issues and I use it vertically. I'm just going to keep using it vertically and if it dies, it dies, but I don't think my PS5s eventual death will be due to this specific issue. 

• Like 1

I avoided Fallout 76 because I'd heard bad things and it was online only. 

Saw it was free, so downloaded. 

I love Fallout games, they are so ingrossing, so much to do and explore. This isn't a bad effort thus far. I've not done loads, I'm up to level 13, so explored a fair bit of the map and done a few missions. 

My lad plays it too, so we can team up which is a nice option. He seems to stick to the story quests, where as I end up roaming to flar fung corners, having to use all my meds because I encounter some munter thing that keeps killing me, but it's been a good crack the last few days and it's giving me the feeling of looking forward to loading it up and going again. 

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I avoided Fallout 76 because I'd heard bad things and it was online only. 

Saw it was free, so downloaded. 

I love Fallout games, they are so ingrossing, so much to do and explore. This isn't a bad effort thus far. I've not done loads, I'm up to level 13, so explored a fair bit of the map and done a few missions. 

My lad plays it too, so we can team up which is a nice option. He seems to stick to the story quests, where as I end up roaming to flar fung corners, having to use all my meds because I encounter some munter thing that keeps killing me, but it's been a good crack the last few days and it's giving me the feeling of looking forward to loading it up and going again. 

Do you have to explore a map that contains loads of random internet a**hats, or can it be limited? Other humans remove most of the immersion factor for me, although sharing an experience with others you know does sound great.  

Apparently the shortage of PS5's is now officially over according to Sony. I looked at a few popular websites like Argos, Curry's, etc and none have any stock though, except if you're willing to buy a bundle.  

Edited by ender4

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Do you have to explore a map that contains loads of random internet a**hats, or can it be limited? Other humans remove most of the immersion factor for me, although sharing an experience with others you know does sound great.  

You load into a random world. The map is always the same, you'll always have your camp but the other payers will be random. 

We've played quite a few hours since Sat and I've not had 1 issue with another human player. There is an emoji wheel, so when I do see someone I will thumb up or wave hello. You can invite them to team up or trade. 

It seems most other human payers are busy doing their own thing. Quests, missions, looting etc... You can gk and sniff around other humans camps, I've only looked at one and had several look round mine without any issues.

The best thing I've found so far is when you come across someone in the same area as you, who are either probably doing the same mission or just exploring. Everytime I've had that happen, its helped big time as they are also gunning down all the enemies, so you save on meds and ammo.

Some people start events, which all human players can join. I've not joined one yet, been too busy exploring and getting my ass handed to me by super mutants. 

The only downside when I team up with my lad is any loot on an enemy is shared. So if he searches it first, he gets the decent stuff. 

We've been exploring random places together tonight, including an island where the ground was bubbling. Nothing was coming out, so I stood on it. 5 seconds later, a bloody deathclaw pops out and we are both legging it into the radioactive water, laughing and shouting. 

Its deffo worth getting, we are having a blast.

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

You load into a random world. The map is always the same, you'll always have your camp but the other payers will be random. 

We've played quite a few hours since Sat and I've not had 1 issue with another human player. There is an emoji wheel, so when I do see someone I will thumb up or wave hello. You can invite them to team up or trade. 

It seems most other human payers are busy doing their own thing. Quests, missions, looting etc... You can gk and sniff around other humans camps, I've only looked at one and had several look round mine without any issues.

The best thing I've found so far is when you come across someone in the same area as you, who are either probably doing the same mission or just exploring. Everytime I've had that happen, its helped big time as they are also gunning down all the enemies, so you save on meds and ammo.

Some people start events, which all human players can join. I've not joined one yet, been too busy exploring and getting my ass handed to me by super mutants. 

The only downside when I team up with my lad is any loot on an enemy is shared. So if he searches it first, he gets the decent stuff. 

We've been exploring random places together tonight, including an island where the ground was bubbling. Nothing was coming out, so I stood on it. 5 seconds later, a bloody deathclaw pops out and we are both legging it into the radioactive water, laughing and shouting. 

Its deffo worth getting, we are having a blast.

Great thanks!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ender4 said:

Apparently the shortage of PS%'s is now officially over according to Sony. I looked at a few popular websites like Argos, Curry's, etc and none have any stock though, except if you're willing to buy a bundle.  

It's going to take a little while for global production, distribution, back orders, etc.

Give it a month (maximum) and you'll be able to stroll into a store and buy one.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

So, I've noticed a problem the last week or so with my PS5 - it's randomly deleted FIFA 23 the last 2 times I've loaded up the console. It's a digital download that came as part of the PS5 bundle. Lovely 9 hour download each time...

Any ideas what's causing it?

Possibility a licensing issue?  Tried restoring licences? My PS5 used to do that with Demons Souls at launch but that got patched, has FIFA had an update recently?

• Thanks 1

PSN+ games for Feb are evil dead, destiny 2 DLC, Ollie Ollie world and mafia collection

I'll definitley download Ollie Ollie world but same as always actually playing it is then something different

Mafia is OK, solid 7/10 games with a good story and setting just missing that something special in design that the rockstar games have, number 3 for example is crazy repetitive but worth a look

Evil Dead game is brilliant fun when you get a good group together.

If you're a horror geek like me it's a no brainer as there's a ridiculous amount of references in there to admire.

Edited by Designer1

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

Possibility a licensing issue?  Tried restoring licences? My PS5 used to do that with Demons Souls at launch but that got patched, has FIFA had an update recently?

Yeah, it was updated early last week I think - only been an issue since then...

Surely that wouldn't cause it to delete itself though, it'd just be locked?

Edited by StewieGriffin

Â