Playstation 5

villarule123

I dunno, the two samurai games looked interesting and terrible at the same time, tekken looked chunky

Think VR2 has no killer and it'll struggle 

GoW looked awesome but I didnt need to see it to know that 

Think they've actually got some more interesting stuff coming 

Edit - goodbye volcano high, little devil inside, season

Kena showed me Sony don't always do a good job with these, I'd guess that money is involved and its a glorified advert, they show stuff briefly a year in advance then seeming abandon it just before release 

Edited by villa4europe

Wasn’t a bad SoP but it was very abrupt. It just got going then ended. 

A bit like with Nintendo, I’m hoping more stuff is announced at the actual TGS event itself. 

Edited by Ingram85

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Sony are keeping better customer support behind a paywall with their new ‘Stars’ programme. Highest Tier customers get prioritised over non high tier plebs for customer support issues. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Seen an advert that there's a free 6 month apple TV trial for all ps5 owners out there but it ends today

Yeah I got that a while ago, works for existing customers as well.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Seen an advert that there's a free 6 month apple TV trial for all ps5 owners out there but it ends today

PlayStation website says PS5 owners can redeem the 6 month trial anytime between now and July 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Chindie said:

PSVR2 launches in February, £530.

They'll sell single digits.

That's some price to say the least! I would have been interested in picking one of these up but I don't see who's buying at that price.

PS5 (disc edition) + PSVR2 bundles will eventually be on sale for the bargain price of £1,009.98 without a game.

Keep in mind as well that PSVR2 does not support PSVR1 games, so those that bought into the previous generation headset will have to factor in some £50+ games onto the cost of this headset if they were to buy one. 

Curious to see how this pans out as sales have the potential to be atrocious. 

10 minutes ago, Daweii said:

PS5 (disc edition) + PSVR2 bundles will eventually be on sale for the bargain price of £1,009.98 without a game.

Keep in mind as well that PSVR2 does not support PSVR1 games, so those that bought into the previous generation headset will have to factor in some £50+ games onto the cost of this headset if they were to buy one. 

Curious to see how this pans out as sales have the potential to be atrocious. 

In fairness, £1k is the cost for a mid to top end PC, and people buy them (I admit I did.....for 'work'). 

its not for me anyway but its £100 more than a meta quest 2? is it that bad? like i said i wouldnt buy one for half the price regardless, i would lazily say that if VR is your thing then you will buy this but the market isnt there for VR so why they're doing this is bizaree

feels to me like they should prod the handheld market again rather than this, neither of them sold but the PSPs were good pieces of kit and even at that price point if you said to me i can stream my PS5 games to my sony handheld while somewhere else, even in my own house, thats a winner for me, still think that the failure of the PSP tv or whatever it was called was that they used the PSP homepage rather than the PS4 one and it felt childish and didnt really work, now it should, i get that the discs and media that they need to manufacture for one creates a problem so make it discless they dont need to do specific AAA games for it, all the main media apps and mobile games, the PSN+ stuff with the classic games, plus it talks to the PS5 that's good enough

2 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

That's some price to say the least! I would have been interested in picking one of these up but I don't see who's buying at that price.

I’d buy one… but the most I’m probably willing to spend on any VR kit is £250.

• Like 1

Â