Playstation 5

villarule123

Downloaded what I thought was the original God of War. Didn’t realise it was the 8th game in the series 😂😂

never played them. Do I need to play the first 7? Because that isn’t going to happen

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Downloaded what I thought was the original God of War. Didn’t realise it was the 8th game in the series 😂😂

never played them. Do I need to play the first 7? Because that isn’t going to happen

Absolutely not.  Get stuck in mate,  you're in for a treat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Absolutely not.  Get stuck in mate,  you're in for a treat. 

Yeah I've started it and feels right up my street. Feels like a cross between Witcher 3 and Last of Us

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

God of War (2018) is a soft-reboot and sequel at the same time. 

What this essentially means is its a fresh start with some minor easter eggs/nods to previous games that older fans might enjoy. The game does a very good job at not needing prior knowledge of the series.

Yeah it's the reason to own a playstation! 

I'm interested now how it lives up to the hype, I played it at launch 

I've also got it downloaded ready to play before the new one but started ghost first, coming off the back of horizon its surprising how different the two games do the open world, ghost is a better game because its more streamlined and feels less icon chasing but horizon still has that unshakable coolness from the combat and dinos 

I didn’t get on with it at all. I can see it’s clearly a well made game and get why millions love it but if I’m honest I much prefer the old style visceral gameplay and brash presentation over the slower more thoughtful pace and stylised presentation. 

• Like 2

I’m enjoying it so far, but it seems a bit too much like one of those games that are just interactive cut scenes to me. 

Something happens “press R1” *he swings his axe*

*press X*
He punches someone

walk over to that door

*press O*

You’re not actually doing anything  you’re just pressing a button when it tells you to  

Hopefully that’s just the start of the game and there will be less of it going forward

Have you got all of the big PS exclusives to play stevo? 

I'd put GoW somewhere near 4th or 5th on my list (meta critic has it as the best ps4 exclusive) last of us 2 firmly 1st

Its a damn good list though, there's got to be a years worth of brilliant gaming on the psn collection, you'd probably get tired of the open world though, what GoW does well is with its world, its a big open game but its fairly linear in places 

Edited by villa4europe

The only games I've got on my PS5 are Fifa (yawn) GT7, GoW and Arkham Asylum (another game I missed first time round)

Put a few hours into GoW now and it seems really good. There's still that annoying interactive cutscene feel to some of it but generally it's great.

• Like 1

I really don't know what to do with my PS5. I love it. I love games. I've got loads to get through. I just don't have the time to enjoy it and play them. Life is pretty busy with the dog, the lad and family stuff, and work. By the time I sit down it's around 9pm, have a coffee and watch an episode with the missus, I'm either ready for bed or already asleep on the sofa. The PS is upstairs, gathering dust bar the odd half hour I squeeze in.

I'm debating selling it while the price is still relatively decent and just sticking with my Switch for the casual pick up and play gaming I get chance to do - but I really don't want to >_<

I'm kind of in the same boat but due to the baby my missus is also going to bed at 9pm it means I'm putting in 2 hours a night most nights at the moment, I go to bed between 9pm and midnight 

Its Netflix that's suffering! We wanted to watch umbrella academy and stranger things together but it can take 3 or 4 days to finish an episode because of her falling asleep

She's at her mom's with the kids for 4 days next week and my boss is on holiday so I'll be going back to teenage boy playstation sessions

I've contemplated getting a switch so many times and then at least being in bed with the missus while gaming but the price has never dropped enough, the PS she's convinced will heat the room which is the last thing we need, also the controller noise! Ghost is a loud game via the controller (there'll be an option somewhere to turn it down or off but I haven't bothered yet) 

I've only just started really playing my PS5. The new baby meant I either didn't have time, or when I did have time he was asleep in the same room as the PS5 so playing it was difficult without waking him, even with headphones.

He sleeps in his nursery now so the couple of hours I get at night I can play PS5 again.

My biggest issue is I don't have any games that really feel like PS5 games. The only things I've played are

GT7 - great game but it's GT Sport with multiplayer. So it's essentially the same as the PS4 game. Graphics are slightly better but it's barely noticeable
Fifa 22 - It's Fifa. Yawn
Rocket league - PS4 game
God of War - PS4 game

The only thing I've played that feels remotely next gen is that Astro thing. Oh and the Matrix demo but that's not a game

What games are out there that would really show off what the PS5 can do? Doesn't feel like there's a lot but it might just be me being out of touch with gaming these days

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I've only just started really playing my PS5. The new baby meant I either didn't have time, or when I did have time he was asleep in the same room as the PS5 so playing it was difficult without waking him, even with headphones.

He sleeps in his nursery now so the couple of hours I get at night I can play PS5 again.

My biggest issue is I don't have any games that really feel like PS5 games. The only things I've played are

GT7 - great game but it's GT Sport with multiplayer. So it's essentially the same as the PS4 game. Graphics are slightly better but it's barely noticeable
Fifa 22 - It's Fifa. Yawn
Rocket league - PS4 game
God of War - PS4 game

The only thing I've played that feels remotely next gen is that Astro thing. Oh and the Matrix demo but that's not a game

What games are out there that would really show off what the PS5 can do? Doesn't feel like there's a lot but it might just be me being out of touch with gaming these days

Yeah I hear ya. A few games have the trigger effect (shooters mainly). I've heard that the Harry Potter RPG coming up will really use the controllers abilitys to enhance the game, the Jedi sequel game has mentioned as much too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Yeah I hear ya. A few games have the trigger effect (shooters mainly). I've heard that the Harry Potter RPG coming up will really use the controllers abilitys to enhance the game, the Jedi sequel game has mentioned as much too.

Just seems a bit sparse. Feels like the jump between generations is getting smaller and smaller. I kind of expected more than games that just use the controller a bit better. 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just seems a bit sparse. Feels like the jump between generations is getting smaller and smaller. I kind of expected more than games that just use the controller a bit better. 

Black Ops Cold War is pretty decent at adding depth to the gameplay with the controller too.

i think returnal has the trigger stuff and then also a few neat touches with the pad such as rain effects

ratchet and clank is supposedly the best way to see the loading screens and ssd 

the facial expression technology on horizon is mental, so is the depth of the world, the amount of plants etc and the general "thickness" of it all, that felt proper next gen but ive not played the ps4 version for comparison, would be interesting to see what the difference is in load times and draw distances

could argue that the ability to cut in and out of games, putting it on standby and getting in to the game in the space of seconds is next gen but overall im not sure what the leap is or if it was right in front of my face whether or not i would appreciate it (or understand it)

currently playing ghost of tsushima and im not sure what the difference is between ps4 and ps5, it was a beautiful game on ps4

more than anything we need a next gen dynasty warriors so that we can see 1) how many enemies are on screen 2) how many of them are able to attack you at once, thats the proper metric of power

• Like 1

the additional PSN+ games for extra and premium in July have been announced

stray, FF7 remake including the yuffie extra bit, avengers, AC black flag, AC unity and a saints row game

not bad, hoping stray gets good results, i still need to play the yuffie game and i might try black flag because i missed that one, maybe a decent sign that 2 ubisoft games are added as im waiting for origins, watch dogs 2 and far cry 6

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think returnal has the trigger stuff and then also a few neat touches with the pad such as rain effects

ratchet and clank is supposedly the best way to see the loading screens and ssd 

the facial expression technology on horizon is mental, so is the depth of the world, the amount of plants etc and the general "thickness" of it all, that felt proper next gen but ive not played the ps4 version for comparison, would be interesting to see what the difference is in load times and draw distances

could argue that the ability to cut in and out of games, putting it on standby and getting in to the game in the space of seconds is next gen but overall im not sure what the leap is or if it was right in front of my face whether or not i would appreciate it (or understand it)

currently playing ghost of tsushima and im not sure what the difference is between ps4 and ps5, it was a beautiful game on ps4

more than anything we need a next gen dynasty warriors so that we can see 1) how many enemies are on screen 2) how many of them are able to attack you at once, thats the proper metric of power

That's what it feels like to me. As in the next gen stuff is all about the controller, the power of the console, loading times etc

Which is great, but I haven't had that experience yet of playing a game and seeing it move/animate and the graphics and think "wow, this is what the PS5 can do"

I know gaming is about a lot more than that, but you do expect that to be visible when you jump to a new generation

Â