Playstation 5

villarule123

Yeah kind of, I can imagine if you don't play the first one that alloy won't make a lot of sense even if in the second one she's not the most interesting thing about it and personally I found the combat was better in the first one, I was more meticulous in how I set up and planned my attacks, the second one I just smashed everything 

Some of the cooler new stuff will be lost on you which carries the second game 

Number two is also a huge game, too big for its own good, it'll eat up 40 to 60 hours

I would play it in the next year though because it has some brilliant technical aspects, it's the best console game for facial animations for example, but it's "only" an 8/10 game imo that others will overtake 

• Thanks 1

I don't know what it is about HZD. Bought it launch and gave up after about 15hrs, revisited it recently when the ultimate edition was free with the intent of playing Frozen wilds and gave up again after getting further into the story. Just hasn't grabbed me at all.

The enemies do it for me, just something very satisfying about taking down the big robo dinos 

Its diminished in the second one because the strategy isn't as crucial but even then its great, stick your rocket launcher here's my bow and arrow.... 

4 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

This may sound really silly but I’ve just loaded up assassins creed Valhalla up again but can’t remember how to play it,

is there anything you do after not playing a a game for a while to get you back into it?

Keep playing it 😀

On 18/08/2022 at 14:18, jim said:

I don't know what it is about HZD. Bought it launch and gave up after about 15hrs, revisited it recently when the ultimate edition was free with the intent of playing Frozen wilds and gave up again after getting further into the story. Just hasn't grabbed me at all.

This is where I'm at.

I got to this point on PS4; then replayed it on PS5 ahead of the sequel and I'm at the same point again. Haven't loaded it up for a month now, and doubt I'll finish it.

On 20/08/2022 at 18:35, MellbergsBeard said:

This may sound really silly but I’ve just loaded up assassins creed Valhalla up again but can’t remember how to play it,

is there anything you do after not playing a a game for a while to get you back into it?

Bash all the buttons until o remember 

For those that missed the news because Sony made sure to not tweet it out, or make any fanfare about it at all. The PS5 is now £479.99 in the UK (£30 increase) and €549.99 in Europe (€50 increase), so to those that haven't got one yet Sony just gave you all the middle finger. 

Its an established fact with the gaming industry that consoles are sold at a loss.  This is an own goal from Sony.  Microsoft have said they will not increase prices, would not be surprised to see them even drop their prices to twist the knife. They make most of their money from the software and subs etc...

On 29/08/2022 at 11:55, Daweii said:

I was surprised at that too which makes me think this price increase is permanent, and may even be the first of many if the cost of materials continues to increase. 

Not that surprising. Almost 2 years later and there are still none in stock anywhere in the UK, Europe or the USA. Increase the price by £30 and they will still sell out every PS5 that comes on the market.

Also a decrease in the weight of the PS5 - the original was 4.5kg, in mid-2021 it went down to 4.2kg, and now it's going down to 3.9kg.   

Digital versions have also decreased in weight but by not as much.

hopefully you'll know what i mean by this...

PSN+ games for september are need for speed heat, granblue fantasy, toem

top 2 tier games for september are deathloop, AC origins, watchdogs 2, dragon ball xenoverse 2, spiritfarer, chicory, monster energy supercross, alex kidd in miracle world, rabbids invasion, rayman legends, scott pilgrim

i think thats queitly a really good month, metacritic ratings toem 80, scott pilgrim 77, dragonball 75, spiritfarer 83, chicory 90, deathloop is still the best ps5 game ive played and i'll give ACO and WD a go

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

hopefully you'll know what i mean by this...

PSN+ games for september are need for speed heat, granblue fantasy, toem

top 2 tier games for september are deathloop, AC origins, watchdogs 2, dragon ball xenoverse 2, spiritfarer, chicory, monster energy supercross, alex kidd in miracle world, rabbids invasion, rayman legends, scott pilgrim

i think thats queitly a really good month, metacritic ratings toem 80, scott pilgrim 77, dragonball 75, spiritfarer 83, chicory 90, deathloop is still the best ps5 game ive played and i'll give ACO and WD a go

I really enjoyed Watchdogs 2.  Like a light fun entertaining version of GTA in a hacker world.

• 2 weeks later...

This State of Play is focused almost entirely on their Japanese partners, with some additional surprises from studios around the world. It'll be around 20 minutes long, and will be showing 10 games from PS5, PS4 and PSVR2. 

Overall, I don't know what to expect. The last State of Play for "not-E3/Summer Game Fest" was arguably the best State of Play of all time so that muddies my expectations somewhat. Part of me is expecting a nothing burger, while the other part of me is theory crafting the best State of Play of all time. We'll see later tonight, I guess.

forspoken 😜

any idea why SE arent showing anything from FF16 at TGS? thats probably whats about to happen, sony have paid a bit of money to pull the reveals forward, SE have released their games list and its not on it

my complete random guess would be a team asobi game for the VR, more street fighter, exprimoral and RE again with the VR, would love a remake of MGS but that would be by bluepoint at a guess still might see a remaster of that or silent hill, koei tecmo are due a game there's not a new gen DW game yet (9 is four years old) there still seems like a few "old" games that could be released on PS5 like ni no kuni with both games

it would be funny if they trumped Xbox's summer announcement - enjoy your 10 year old persona games here's a new and exclusive ps5 game from atlus

Edited by villa4europe

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

any idea why SE arent showing anything from FF16 at TGS?

I think FF16 is a combination of Sony having marketing rights, but also the game not coming out until this time next year, so they likely don't have much they want to show currently. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

my complete random guess would be a team asobi game for the VR, more street fighter, exprimoral and RE again with the VR, would love a remake of MGS but that would be by bluepoint at a guess still might see a remaster of that or silent hill, koei tecmo are due a game there's not a new gen DW game yet (9 is four years old) there still seems like a few "old" games that could be released on PS5 like ni no kuni with both games

Some good guesses there. I think there is a chance something Silent Hill related could be there tonight as Sony getting the new Silent Hill, or the Silent Hill 2 Remake as a timed exclusive sounds like something they'd do. 

Koei Tecmo just entered into a contract with EA Originals (the good side of EA), so I'm not sure if they have anything to show and if they did, they'll likely do it at an EA event after recent events. 

The rest I'm just not sure. I think RE4 Remake might appear again, maybe with a PS5 exclusive demo like Resident Evil Village got, but I'm not sure about anything else. A Team Asobi VR game would be fantastic though.  

• Like 1

Â