Emiliano Martínez

hippo

This guy is going to change the rules of football. He'll be what Graeme Obree was to cycling in the 90s. Where Obree's innovation in bikes led to amazing performances and later a UCI ban on his approaches,  EMI's innovation in shithousing will surely cause a review of the rules, otherwise it just simply isn't  fair to other teams. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Cant see it cinfirmed that hes suspended anywhere apart from townley and maher?? 

The Guardian's match report says it as well, I assume it's been confirmed by UEFA. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

This guy is going to change the rules of football. He'll be what Graeme Obree was to cycling in the 90s. Where Obree's innovation in bikes led to amazing performances and later a UCI ban on his approaches,  EMI's innovation in shithousing will surely cause a review of the rules, otherwise it just simply isn't  fair to other teams. 

He already did. FIFA changed them right after the World Cup finals. 

https://www.essentiallysports.com/soccer-football-news-its-too-late-emi-martinez-mocks-fifa-rule-change-after-achieving-world-cup-dream/

2 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

the commentator said cards wiped at 120 mins thus no red card , so surely no ban?

The suspension is not for double yellows in this match, but rather for being booked in both games against Lille. Suspensions do not clear.

Edited by Daulmakan
  • Shocked 1

If he isn’t going to win them for us, I’d love to see him win them for anyone else…

Roma

Inter

Valencia

Leverkusen

PSG

Atletico Madrid

any of them and a dozen others

id just be heartbroken if he did it for Citeh…

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

How the hell did we sign this guy

Got in touch with his agent after scouting him, few calls to Arsenal , fee agreed , deal sheet signed bam! He’s ours.

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

How the hell did we sign this guy

We paid an "overpriced" fee for a guy with not a huge amount of football behind him for his age but a great period of recent form.

The belief at the time was and I think I held it too, we paid a huge premium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

We could never replace Martinez. Even if we got another keeper as technically good as him, you'd need to search every looney bin in the country to find someone with that kind of personality.

Getting sent off after one penalty is also completely on brand for him too, to be fair. Thank god there's some obscure reason why it doesn't count (I bet he didn't know that).

I think that's why we signed Gauchi. His playing style is similar to Dibu and he has that Aussie gobshitenesss and shithouseary Bossie had and it's as close to Dibu and his shithouseary you can get. I said we signed the lad we've signed the heir to Dibu. Similar in playing style, arrogance, especially at penalties and shittery. We have the future Dibu in the wings, trust me 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

If you want to watch it again stress-free.

I still can't watch our penalty shootout against West Brom without reliving the stress and that game was 5 years ago now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â