Matty Cash

paul514

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Funny I thought his all-round game was very good today!

I thought he was largely poor in the first half, but grew into the game. The fact that most of Bournemouth's attacking play focused on the right demonstrates the issue.

Just now, The_Steve said:

I thought he was largely poor in the first half, but grew into the game. The fact that most of Bournemouth's attacking play focused on the right demonstrates the issue.

Yet they always focus their play down the flanks, it's a major philosophy to their style of play.

A fair bit down the other side too....

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Was brilliant today. Going to be gutted if he's replaced in the summer, one of my favourite players

If someone comes ahead of him, he still would be a great to have on the squad. Cleary KKH does not seem ready in UE's eyes

There's a great pre-game photo on the OS of him walking down the corridor with a 'mate' pot and hot water flask. He must have got that bit of culinary culture from the Argentinian and Brazilian lads. 'Mate', (pronounced 'matay'), aka 'yerba mate', comes from South American holly leaves... it's a kind of tea, which is very popular in Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, and Paraguay. They drink it from a round pot and through a metal 'straw', which Matty Cash has in the photo. 

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Was brilliant today. Going to be gutted if he's replaced in the summer, one of my favourite players

I'm not sure why he'd be replaced unless we really need to sell a regular for 30m + for FFP but then I'd say someone like Konsa would be more vulnerable.

Anyway Cashy has his critics but I think he's been good recently and was sharp from kick off today at both ends.

If he goes and Young decides to call it a day then we need two new RBs unless I've missed something as I want to see more from KHH in the championship before I seriously consider him a contender to feature regularly in premier league squads.

He also has 4 years left on his deal so not like any interested club can just lowball us in bids either. He's been a regular in prem for three seasons now and just played decently in a world cup so considering we signed him for 20m ish then you're not far off double at today's prices. 

Spurs going to sign Porro for 39m in the summer so that's ballpark figure.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Don’t know if it’s because he’s finally gotten over his World Cup hangover but he looks back to being more fit for the matches. Really putting in a shift and not looking so leggy. Making sure the man doesn’t get past him if he misses the ball too. Go on Cashy. 

He was really good today. Emery is managing the players really well. There was a period there where it seemed like Cash was not in favour at all, and he had a 38 year old starting ahead of him. Slowly but surely he was allowed to grow back into his role.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I thought he was good for most of the game today infact other than konsa constantly getting done in behind I thought the whole back line was excellent 

8 hours ago, robby b said:

There's a great pre-game photo on the OS of him walking down the corridor with a 'mate' pot and hot water flask. He must have got that bit of culinary culture from the Argentinian and Brazilian lads. ('Mate', pronounced 'matay',  is a South American version of tea only they drink it through a metal 'straw', which Matty Cash has in the photo).

Interesting. It's also popular in Syria (can get it in Damascena), which I'm  guessing is from people who migrated to South America and then brought it back. Made me jittery  when I tried it

• Like 1

I think his attitude will be a huge plus in Emery's eyes.

He got dropped for the first time in his career and simply got his head down, learnt, listened, and came back a better player.

A golden example.

34 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

Cashy just been subbed after 9 mins against Czech Republic. Hopefully not serious… 😬

Not watching the game (Poland losing 2-0) but guessing it's a hamstring to go off that early so probably won't see him for a few weeks.

Young hasn't played for a while so hopefully he'll be fresh and able to play 3 games in 7 days if needs be.

Poland were actually somehow 2-0 down after just 3 minutes so maybe it was a tactical change....

Edited by VillaChris

On 18/03/2023 at 23:35, robby b said:

There's a great pre-game photo on the OS of him walking down the corridor with a 'mate' pot and hot water flask. He must have got that bit of culinary culture from the Argentinian and Brazilian lads. 'Mate', (pronounced 'matay'), aka 'yerba mate', comes from South American holly leaves... it's a kind of tea, which is very popular in Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, and Paraguay. They drink it from a round pot and through a metal 'straw', which Matty Cash has in the photo. 

d0b8f4c0-c593-11ed-95fd-5bf8f1ca7771.jpg

A hundred words paints a bit of a picture.

Are we sure that isnt just him eating peanut butter straight from the jar with a spoon? The deviant

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Â