Matty Cash

paul514

On 25/03/2023 at 14:00, Ceemo said:

Looked like a calf injury. Could be a 2-3 week injury I would guess.

He had a terrible start to the game and was getting done over by the Czech winger.

Cash has really struggled against wingers with any hint of pace. Especially if there’s balls played over the top.

Hopefully, he’s back soon though from any injuries. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Cash has really struggled against wingers with any hint of pace. Especially if there’s balls played over the top.

Hopefully, he’s back soon though from any injuries.

It's trickery as well. He's not patient enough when defending against tricky players IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Or Konsa there, the way Emery used to use Foyth at RB, and Diego Carlos in at CB.

they did that with the recent friendly against bristol rovers. i know it was only a friendly but that didn't go so well

• Like 1

I find myself flip flopping in my opinions of Matty, depending if I am talking about his defending or attacking work.

I am particularly nervy of long diagonal crossfield balls over the top of our last line, so I am keen to see those cut out and dealt with.....when they are not, and become a source of attack from opponents, it doesn't fill me with joy....and subsequently influences my opinion on the full backs.

I am equally as nervy, when crosses, come in, and can turn in to lottery balls, the slightest ricochet or mis kick can be a strikers dream........my up bringing tells me thats a fullbacks bread and butter.

I know, the game has changed and full backs get appraised on their offensive work as much as defensive work, but as much as I envy the talents of Trent-Arnold, his defensive work is questionable at times, thats how I feel about Matty.

I have days where I think he has been great i.e Against Bournemouth and others where, I have my head in my hands......Its hard to expect a full back to run, back to front, the pitch is a fair old run, but we can't leave 2 central defenders to do it all.

I feel a bit more relaxed since UE has got them playing more as a team....but I would welcome another natural defender to join the ranks.

I hope UE can get Matty to be a bit more clinical in the challenge, and maybe then, I can relax a bit more.

• 4 weeks later...
Â