Matty Cash

paul514

Cash absolutely has a future here. But much of that depends on whether, Emery rates KKH, and whether he is happy being rotated, and not being first choice.

Cash can be an attacking force for Emery as what he asks his attacking fullbacks to do is bomb forward, play one twos, and get to the byline. Cash can do that.

I hope he doesn't try to sign Juan Foyth as he is too slow. Whether he wants a more defensive right back or not, whoever it is will need some pace.

I feel a bit sorry for some full backs these days, some managers want solid defenders and others want ones that are more attack minded.

I'm not sure where Cash falls in all of this, he has good energy, can get to the byline, his finishing isn't bad but his final ball needs a lot of work. Defensively we could get a better player in and maybe with Moreno on the other side getting forward more we will look for a more solid RB. Given Emery likes to play a CM on the LM/RM spot I think Cash could do well as a RM in a lot of matches.

21 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Cash maybe but Dinge we’d do quite well to get that amount. His wages seems high. Maybe to a promoted team?

Or an upper tier French side. Anything above £100k pw will tough to shift. 

Edited by The_Steve

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I feel a bit sorry for some full backs these days, some managers want solid defenders and others want ones that are more attack minded.

I'm not sure where Cash falls in all of this, he has good energy, can get to the byline, his finishing isn't bad but his final ball needs a lot of work. Defensively we could get a better player in and maybe with Moreno on the other side getting forward more we will look for a more solid RB. Given Emery likes to play a CM on the LM/RM spot I think Cash could do well as a RM in a lot of matches.

He’s been given the opportunity to prove his worth there twice and has been poor, I don’t think he is intelligent enough tactically. 

• Like 1

Cash isn’t a winger from what I’ve watched. He’s incredibly flat footed and doesn’t get forward enough nor get enough crosses into the box. I don’t think he reads the game well enough to be starting for us in either position. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Cash can be an attacking force for Emery as what he asks his attacking fullbacks to do is bomb forward, play one twos, and get to the byline. Cash can do that.

Unfortunately Cash can't beat a man, and also has no composure. He also rarely provides penetrative passes into dangerous areas in the way that Young does.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Cash at RM/RW is not the way forward! Ugh...

I don’t think people realise how much is asked tactically of our wide midfielders. It means tucking into a 3  in midfield , pressing higher up the pitch as a 10 and slotting in as an extra defender. The amount of tactical instructions would give Matty Cash a bleeding nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think people realise how much is asked tactically of our wide midfielders. It means tucking into a 3  in midfield , pressing higher up the pitch as a 10 and slotting in as an extra defender. The amount of tactical instructions would give Matty Cash a bleeding nose.

He played RM during the Wolves game and looked absolutely befuddled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Unfortunately Cash can't beat a man, and also has no composure. He also rarely provides penetrative passes into dangerous areas in the way that Young does.

Cash can carry the ball well, and run into space well. If he was coached to look for cut backs and get to the byline he could do it. The passing though is a weak point. But he links up well, and loves a one two.

• Like 2

On 07/02/2023 at 15:57, Aston_Villan4 said:

£30-£40 million.

I would be surprised if it was that much, more likely £20m (as Laughable Chimp suggested) at best and I rather liked us turning Atletico down (we're not a selling club, after all;)), SG could have sold him, but he most likely considered Cash one of the first names on his team sheet, so why would he? 

On 05/02/2023 at 14:19, rodders0223 said:

He's stopped attacking and being  the fullback he was before and I don't know why.

I think Gerrard killed him.

I think he's being asked to play in a different way by UE and is finding that difficult, as a converted winger going forward was always going to be, what he is most adept at and his primary job now is to defend. Digne is also being asked to play differently and may well feel under some pressure from our new signing, who fits UE's style of play like a glove. With the number of caps he has, I would expect Lukas to be able to adapt before too very long. 

As far as selling them is concerned. The time to do that was after the WC for Matty, his value will have dropped since then because his first team place is in doubt, as is the case with Lukas. I'm not sure UE has given up on either yet and I think that both may be worth more to us as squad members, than we would get for them in the summer (possibly as little as £30m for both).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I am sure under MON and Roberston Youngy was just asked to get chalk on his boots, and cut in on his right and whip a good ball in to the big man at the near post.

Jumpers for goalposts, marvellous isn't it.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, no attacking threat whatsoever from him.

You would have thought a fullback playing in midfield would have offered some defensive solidarity some aggression, but the game just passed him by. 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2023 at 14:41, CVByrne said:

So, let me understand. Cash has had a drop in form (like the the rest of the entire squad). He goes away to World Cup so Emery (like with Martinez) has worked with the rest of the squad with eye to the Liverpool and Spurs games so Cash doesn't start those (because he was at WC and not with the rest of the team learning the Emery drills). He starts at Wolves and is injured for Leeds.

So we have decided he is to be written off. Completely ignore the fact he played 90mins in both United and Brighton wins before world cup. It's just ridiculous nonsense and just wild jumping to conclusions. 

when inconsistency is at play, its no point in citing games, because it depends on which ones are chosen to make the point.

It has been reported that UE is not convinced, if thats the case, I suspect its for a reason.

Â