Matty Cash

paul514

42 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Well then at least we have a ball park figure for when the big boys come calling. Also I think Cucurella is a better with the ball than Cash, although I thought that Cash improved in this area towards the end of the season.

For an attacking full-back Cucurella's numbers weren't that great last season. Played almost every game, 1 goal and 1 assist.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

For an attacking full-back Cucurella's numbers weren't that great last season. Played almost every game, 1 goal and 1 assist.

That's true, but I was referring to more general on the ball stuff like passing and possession, rather than goals and assists.

Cash                                                                                                     Cucurella

image.png.be9c4b8ed5914e0ac79dd2aea678785e.png

image.png.46d077543cbb2aa20c9ddad5800f5fdb.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Interesting to see Cucurella going to Chelsea for £56m plus £7m in potential add-ons. He's the same age as Cash and they have a similar energetic style. While Cucurella is good I'm not convinced he's any better than Cash.

Cucurella is a left back though

Yeah Gerrard said the main target of the season was to win games finish top half, have a good cup and make the fans happy. 

I’d just like to say gearing up the whole attack to be about finding both full backs in space 25 yards from goal to hoop a (mostly crap) cross into Ings/Watkins up against 3 defenders does not make me happy. 

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Miles off it today. Did he even get to the byline once on the overlap to get a cross in? Him and Digne were just floating them in from 25 yards. Bournemouth second goal is example of what a decent back post cross can lead to.

It has to be an instruction from the coaching staff. They rarely get to the byline.

On 05/08/2022 at 08:21, sparrow1988 said:

That's true, but I was referring to more general on the ball stuff like passing and possession, rather than goals and assists.

Cash                                                                                                     Cucurella

image.png.be9c4b8ed5914e0ac79dd2aea678785e.png

image.png.46d077543cbb2aa20c9ddad5800f5fdb.png

The amount of red under Cash there is fairly damning, he has qualities but lacks so much composure on the ball. I think we will be a better team when KKH gets his chance.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The amount of red under Cash there is fairly damning, he has qualities but lacks so much composure on the ball. I think we will be a better team when KKH gets his chance.

KKH would have to start if we ever did go to 5 at the back

• Like 1

Who will play at RB at Palace if he's injured?

Could just say Konsa or Chambers but we'll need one of them for CB I'd imagine.

Bit worrying that Young seems to have suddenly morphed into an apparent back up RB option on the bench with Gulibert frozen out of matchday 20 currently.

It's pretty crucial as Matty did very well in both games last season v Zaha so hopefully he's fit.

On 14/08/2022 at 12:22, Sulberto21 said:

Imo kkh is better on the ball but Cash has the experience to be better atm defensively and in terms of positioning currently. It’s a shame KKH has gone on loan. 

I was very disappointed he was loaned out again. Think it was a mistake.

• Like 1

Well if Cash is out today (not confirmed) then it’s going to be very difficult.

Zaha etc will target that right side and in view of this, I’d probably prefer Konsa to start rather than Guilbert or Young.

Â