Matty Cash

paul514

41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If he's out...is it right that Young starts over Guilbert?

No chance for me.

Guilbert much better.

He's in the starting XI just posted by the club.  Young and Chambers on the bench if he doesn't last the 90.

Not sure how this kid keeps escaping criticism. I just don’t see a PL full back at all. He just doesn’t know how to defend and he has zero football intelligence. Nice hair though so that must count for something!

Just now, M_Afro said:

Not sure how this kid keeps escaping criticism. I just don’t see a PL full back at all. He just doesn’t know how to defend and he has zero football intelligence. Nice hair though so that must count for something!

i agree.

He's good defensively (if he is back defending and not being told to stand by the opposition 18 yard box), but going forward he is pretty rubbish.

• Like 1

I’ll reserve judgment until after Gerrard is gone and we have (hopefully) a manager that utilises the players better and gives them a plan to follow. There’s a player in there and we’ve seen it loads, we need it back. 

• 2 weeks later...

He is a limited footballer, can't play with his head up, poor passer of the ball and can't hit a first time cross. His main strength is his engine but that suffers when he has to play 90 minutes every game as he will be expected to do. I'd like to see us play Chambers as a conservative right back allowing Digne to focus more on attacking the far side. Similar to what Arsenal do with White/Tomiyasu or what Italy did at Euro 2020.

• Like 1

Â