Matty Cash

paul514

I counted 5 of his crosses being blocked tonight. Either we need to sign the Burnley LB or Cash needs to work on getting the ball in. Not taking away anything from his performances across the season. He has been very good.

46 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Not at his best tonight, although he had a couple of half chances his decision making was poor at times and had too many crosses blocked. I really hope we have someone ready to compete/rotate with him next season as it is hard to maintain high levels for 38 games a season. I think KKH might be ready to do it but we will see.

Unless we get a truly worthwhile offer for him, I'd get Guilbert back in and let them battle it out. He's smashed it in France two loans in a row, while KKH really needs to have a year in the C'ship. L2 -> L1 -> Prem is too big a jump for a teenage defender, imo, and nobody wants to see Young or Chambers there if Cash is injured/suspended, nor are they really much competition for him.

39 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I counted 5 of his crosses being blocked tonight. Either we need to sign the Burnley LB or Cash needs to work on getting the ball in. Not taking away anything from his performances across the season. He has been very good.

His final ball has improved this season (along with other aspects of his game) so I’m not that concerned about this game.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

His final ball has improved this season (along with other aspects of his game) so I’m not that concerned about this game.

It's getting the space to play a ball in that he struggles with.

The things on my mind have both been addressed on this page already.

1) Blocked cross after blocked cross. So frustrating, so predictable.

2) He’s a bit too eager to shoot for a RB. Yeah, now and again have a dig if there’s nothing else on but he isn’t good enough to keep hitting long range rockets when you’ve loads of options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

2) He’s a bit too eager to shoot for a RB. Yeah, now and again have a dig if there’s nothing else on but he isn’t good enough to keep hitting long range rockets when you’ve loads of options.

I don't mind point 2 - it's good to try different things, especially the ones were he goes for the nearside top corner. Will catch a goalie off guard with that.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

All the play seemed to go down the right last night, or did I imagine that?  Cash played right into Burnley's hands, his crosses were either blocked or high crosses that made it into the box caught by Pope.  And you're right, he does shoot far too often.  

Matty really needs to work on his final balls and decision-making in the final third.

Great player, but his biggest weakness is that final ball, and decision-making in relation to that phase of play.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I don't mind point 2 - it's good to try different things, especially the ones were he goes for the nearside top corner. Will catch a goalie off guard with that.

Come on. The lad's got 3 goals in 2 years and he's having  a pop from 30+ yards when people have bust a gut to get into the box, it's ludicrous. Buendia was furious with him last night, and he was right to be.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Come on. The lad's got 3 goals in 2 years and he's having  a pop from 30+ yards when people have bust a gut to get into the box, it's ludicrous. Buendia was furious with him last night, and he was right to be.

No, you're right. Let's just try the same attack over and over again because that's not predictable at all. 

If we have no secondary option other than our right back scoring a worldie out of nowhere from 30 yards when he rarely hits the target, we have bigger problems than I thought.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

If we have no secondary option other than our right back scoring a worldie out of nowhere from 30 yards when he rarely hits the target, we have bigger problems than I thought.

There are plenty of options to choose from - why not have a strike if there's a shot on? He was having very little joy with his crossing as Taylor was marking him so tightly and well - you have to mix things up. 

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There are plenty of options to choose from - why not have a strike if there's a shot on? He was having very little joy with his crossing as Taylor was marking him so tightly and well - you have to mix things up. 

Would have liked him to have cut it back to the edge of the box a couple of times instead of have a blaze etc. (FWIW I don't mind a pop on goal from that position as long as its once and then try something different, not multiple times). 

One of the litany of blocked crosses, Ramsey was in half an acre of space on the D and we all know he's got a shot on him. 

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

1st goal probably, Luiz sleeping gave him no opportunity to react

He had 5 seconds to look around and pick up his man before the ball got played in. That's basic stuff. 

This isn't to throw blame at him just pointing out everyone on the team was making basic mistakes because they were so tired at this point. 

He was at fault for the first goal, no question...ball-watching has been a fault of his for a long time.

The third goal was a brilliant pass. The angle couldn't have been more perfect. I'm not going to blame him too much for that one.

Â