Matty Cash

paul514

If a bid of 35m + add ons comes in from Athletico in the summer. Should we sell, assuming Targett is sold, Hickey joins and KKH tears it up with MK Dons. While Chambers has had 2 games and done well at Right Back in remainder of this season?

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If a bid of 35m + add ons comes in from Athletico in the summer. Should we sell, assuming Targett is sold, Hickey joins and KKH tears it up with MK Dons. While Chambers has had 2 games and done well at Right Back in remainder of this season?

In my opinion, no. Unless Cash forces a move. 

KKH is nowhere near the first team IMO - love to see him do well in L1 now, but i'd have him out in the Championship next season. Some decent footballing team like Forest, or even Coventry. 

I'm wondering if Guilbert will have a chance to impress Gerrard in pre-season. 

On 29/01/2022 at 22:02, Jas10 said:

thats great 'n all, but gerrard treats his full backs like wingers, and Cash has been really poor going forward.

Excellent defender, rapid as well, i like Cash,  but he needs to improve going forward or he just wont cut it under Gerrard imo.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

thats great 'n all, but gerrard treats his full backs like wingers, and Cash has been really poor going forward.

Excellent defender, rapid as well, i like Cash,  but he needs to improve going forward or he just wont cut it under Gerrard imo.

This, been great at the back but everytime he goes forward im always waiting for him to stop, turn  and pass it back

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

This, been great at the back but everytime he goes forward im always waiting for him to stop, turn  and pass it back

oh my....

Ye, that infuriates me lol.

You have to say that it would be a great move for the lad, and having played internationally for Poland he may travel better than most other English players.

Hope he sticks around, but think he'd find it hard to say no to the move and we'd find it hard to say no to a decent price. We will have to wait and see.

Could all be bollocks, of course

On 02/09/2020 at 14:12, useless said:

Cash was one of the best players in the championship last season, I'm as confident of him doing well as I was the likes of Mings, McGinn, and Grealish doing well after we were promoted.

On the one hand £40m seems too good for Cash and that we'd be able to buy someone better, but then you think if Atlético Madrid want him that has to tell you something.

38 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Fbref percentiles for defensive actions

Pressures 84th

Tackles 89th

Interceptions 95th

Blocks 96th

Clearances 87th

I can see why Athletico are interested. I can't see why Villa fans would have him sold. 

It's more his attacking output that frustrates people I think, his defensive ability isn't in question.

The above sentence is a bit mad considering he's been moved back from RM/RW

9 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

It's more his attacking output that frustrates people I think, his defensive ability isn't in question.

Why do people want to sign a DCM?

25 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Defensively he loves to give away a stupid foul which frustrates me for one.

• Like 1

Can see this being a thing. 

Can’t see us letting him go on the cheap. He’ll cost them a pretty penny which I’m all for. I actually think Gerrard probably wants an upgrade on Cash anyway so this move could benefit everyone. 

Cash is a good player but if the money is reinvested wisely we can improve. 

Â