Matty Cash

paul514

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We have a far far far far far far far far better player in KKH and we just signed Callum Chambers for back up. Ashley Young too if needed. Guilbert if we wanted to keep him for a season too

I didn't realise KKH was the second coming of Cafu and Carlos Alberto. 

He played decent in L2 for half a season. I'dl like to see KKH go out on loan all next season to a Championship team. Proper experience. 

Guilbert is an interesting one - wonder if Gerrard will give him a chance in pre-season. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

I'd be inclined to tell whoever's trying to buy Cash to **** off.

Me too. Kid works his bollocks off. 

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

KKH needs a loan to the Championship and see what he can do there. We can then assess in the summer. Chambers / KKH might be the combo for RB next season.

Chambers was not signed to be in contention for a right back spot. I’d put the house on it. He couldn’t be farther from how we want our fullbacks to play 

• Like 1

Good money for Cash if we could get £40 million, but as others have said we would need a replacement who is better than him.

I would be inclined to keep him regardless, it just show's the level he is now that clubs like Athletico Madrid are calling.

• Like 1

Its nice that our transfers dealings/rumours are now involving the likes of Barcelona, Juventus and Atletico Madrid! Shows we are heading in the right direction. 

In terms of Cash, I'm a big fan but I guess a bid of £40m could be tempting. Saying that, Wan-Bissaka was £50m and he's not as good as Cash IMO. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I rate Cash a lot more highly than most on here clearly. I think he's got good end product and if we had a striker that actually got into the right positions in the box we'd be fine. Someone like John Carew would have absolutely loved Cash in the side instead of Luke Young or whoever else we shoehorned in at the time. Defensively solid too. 

He's prone to giving away a pen but I feel like he's less likely to make a howler than Mings or Targett especially this season. 

The question I'd be asking is who are we getting better than him for £40mil in our current position in the table, with no European football? 

If he goes in the summer for £40mil and we're in Europa League we might be able to attract a bargain from abroad but if we don't sneak into those places I'm not sure we have the pulling power to get in someone as good as him with the money, and we'd probably have to offer higher wages to them than what Cash is on. At which point I'm wondering what was the point?

If he isn't insisting on a move away, I'd not be listening to any offers. 

I really dont think he has good end product, and that would be the reason we sell if he were to leave. I like him, I love his energy, but like Targett, the club may have a plan to replace him.

Digne has something like 25 premier league goal involvements in 125 games. Cash has about 3 in 50 games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its nice that our transfers dealings/rumours are now involving the likes of Barcelona, Juventus and Atletico Madrid! Shows we are heading in the right direction. 

In terms of Cash, I'm a big fan but I guess a bid of £40m could be tempting. Saying that, Wan-Bissaka was £50m and he's not as good as Cash IMO. 

I was actually going to suggest Wan-Bissaka as an alternative if we were forced into selling Cash.

Lamptey would be my favoured one but I think AWB can be the best defensive RB Inthe league on his day. He's nowhere near attacking enough but I think it would allow us to bring KKH through, KKH can play against the Bottom 6 and really develop and play the attacking football we want. But then when we play the Top 8, we'd likely favour the defensive attributes of AWB. The other 5 teams just whoever is in the best form.

(Cash > Lamptey > AWB still for me, but he's an option that might be available at a reduced fee)

Really unsettling transfer this if it happens. I don’t see why we would sell Matty at this stage of the season, especially as he is a starter for us. Hope this is just complete BS. 

Edited by Tayls

all this stuff about them contacting Cash's representatives is confusing me, did it not used to be the case that they had to agree with the club that the player is contracted to before making contact with the player himself? is it not considered openly tapping the player up? 

I know that this is how it is done these days and I'm not saying that they have done anything wrong, but would it have been done this way 20 or 30 years ago?  

And I'm also not saying that it didn't happen before, just was they so open about it?

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

all this stuff about them contacting Cash's representatives is confusing me, did it not used to be the case that they had to agree with the club that the player is contracted to before making contact with the player himself? is it not considered openly tapping the player up? 

I know that this is how it is done these days and I'm not saying that they have done anything wrong, but would it have been done this way 20 or 30 years ago?  

And I'm also not saying that it didn't happen before, just was they so open about it?

Was tapping up ever against the rules, or was it just frowned upon?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think Jack Grealish ruined our perspective. Nobody is ever good enough for us anymore. We're a team struggling to break into the top 10 ffs.

I think you are spot on there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s at least wait until we see him play in the first team before thinking he is better than Cash.

I know, I thought I was missing something, why is everyone so convinced that he's going to be absolutely brilliant and ready for a regular starting place? 

He's only 19, he might not make it as a Championship player yet.  People are strange. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I know, I thought I was missing something, why is everyone so convinced that he's going to be absolutely brilliant and ready for a regular starting place? 

He's only 19, he might not make it as a Championship player yet.  People are strange. 

I was starting to think it must be me !

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Was tapping up ever against the rules, or was it just frowned upon?

This is the thing that is confusing me, is it possible to make an illegal approach for a player these days or is it just a free for all?  

11 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Talking to a player's representatives isn't technically the same as talking to the player himself tbf.

That said, I've no idea what the exact rules are and whether they even exist.

Goal.com About tapping up in football:

Unofficial and unorthodox approaches to signing players happen more than one might think in the murky world of football deals

Basically, not illegal but against the rules. Everyone does it anyway, only rare cases get punished with a fine and these tend to be when bigger clubs have tapped up the youth at smaller clubs.

Making interest known via the media is a common form as is players sounding out interest on international duty. Agents definitely play a big role.

What are the rules against tapping up?

The Premier League states the official definition is: "Subject to Rule T.7, a contract player, either by himself or by any person on his behalf, shall not either directly or indirectly make any such approach as is referred to in Rule T.5 without having obtained the prior written consent of his club."

Â