Matty Cash

paul514

I think he's a 25 million pound or so player in terms of ability. Probably worth 30+ once you consider that he's still a bit young. On this basis, I think 30-40m is a good deal.

However, Cash has been a pretty crucial player for us, mostly because we don't really have a good backup for him. The jump in quality from Cash to whoever else will play there will be huge until we get a better right back. I don't think Chambers is good enough to be anything but cover and I'm far from convinced Kesler is ready to be a starting PL right back on the back of a spell in league 2. I am a fan of Guilbert, but not sure that Gerrard does and will call him back to the club.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

And his successor won't ! - exciting times.

If you can't be bothered to talk about it properly - why bother? A more rounded FB than Cash isn't impossible to find, especially seen as a lot of people believe we already have one in KKH.

For me he’s been one of our best players since he joined. I think we’re too quick to forget what it’s like to have reliable and effective full backs. 

Obviously the reported £40m is worthy of consideration but let’s not delude ourselves that Kesler is ready to slot straight in based on a good spell in L2.

For me, the step forward for us is actually selling non-critical players at or shortly after their peak for prime value - to enable re-investment in the squad. Something all the well ran succesful clubs do and an something that’s necessary to compete long term.

So if we had a replacement lined up, who we can add value to, who will perform quickly. I would be open to selling however Cash deserves respect for how he has done IMO.

I rate Cash alot and he has been one of our best and most consistent players. Brilliant work rate and improving too. Would be stupid to sell even for half decent money. Seems like a great guy to be around for the team and you can't put a price on that. 

• Like 2

We are not seriously trying to tell these hard nosed professional negotiators, like Purslow, how to do it?

I think we are in good hands, let them get on with it.

There must be, so many factors, we don't know about, up for consideration, hence the delay.

If the deal is right, we will do it.....if its not we won't.

It hasn't been so bad so far, has it?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

For me we need to make solid money on our transfers. £30m isn’t a good ROI, we needs to be driving up player profits to bolster FFP.

I was trying to think of something smart to reply to your comment but I think it holds its own and doesn't need any commentary 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I'd be inclined to tell whoever's trying to buy Cash to **** off.

If a club comes in for any of our players we should assess if the recruitment team can improve our team and financials by accepting the bid. If the answer is yes then we should accept the bid regardless who the player is

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If a club comes in for any of our players we should assess if the recruitment team can improve our team and financials by accepting the bid. If the answer is yes then we should accept the bid regardless who the player is

Half way through the season, part of a great group spirit that got built up. There's more to it than er... cash.

In the summer if you want to do some surgery and have a preseason to help put the bits together fine. Not now, and he's been brilliant and dimsantleing a great group too much is a bad thing, adding experience, adding quality fine, but we were not massively broken and we don't need massively fixing. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I was trying to think of something smart to reply to your comment but I think it holds its own and doesn't need any commentary 

Didnt we buy him for £25m? Or have I got confused with Buendia? Yeah thought cash was quite a bit of money. 

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Half way through the season, part of a great group spirit that got built up. There's more to it than er... cash.

In the summer if you want to do some surgery and have a preseason to help put the bits together fine. Not now, and he's been brilliant and dimsantleing a great group too much is a bad thing, adding experience, adding quality fine, but we were not massively broken and we don't need massively fixing. 

I know there is more to it than Cash, that is why I said if it improves the team and is good for the financials. That said, the discussion is about selling Cash in the summer to AM and. not in this window.

• Like 1

Â