Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Bring this thread back to its purpose....

Would the fans that don’t rate Edouard be happy if we bought Iheanacho for £20m which then allowed Rodgers to buy Edouard for £30m+?

I wouldn't personally be particularly happy with either for the prices being quoted.

The links seem slightly lazy and I imagine we'll bring in a top striker from Europe that hasn't been linked yet, as that how it's gone under the current regime so far. There's plenty of good forwards around Europe on attainable wages and which we could sign for a much more reasonable price

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

The fact he thinks he's winning is absolutely baffling to me.

What’s baffling is that those who think Celtic had an offer accepted by Hibs.......can’t produce any new story or quotes to say it happened.

I mean imagine it the other way round......me saying Celtic definitely had a bid accepted but then only relying on vague quotes like ‘i think’ or ‘it is understood’....lol

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

I wouldn't personally be particularly happy with either for the prices being quoted.

The links seem slightly lazy and I imagine we'll bring in a top striker from Europe that hasn't been linked yet, as that how it's gone under the current regime so far. There's plenty of good forwards around Europe on attainable wages and which we could sign for a much more reasonable price

I’m not sure it’s that lazy in the sense that we apparently want Premier League experience and the SPL maybe being seen as second best.......but better than the Belgium league where we’ve bought two donkeys from.

The thing about Ligue 1, Bundesliga, La Liga, maybe even Erevidise is that I think Edouard would be talked about as a £60m player.....so the SPL could provide value in this instance.

27 minutes ago, rayk said:

What’s baffling is that those who think Celtic had an offer accepted by Hibs.......can’t produce any new story or quotes to say it happened.

I mean imagine it the other way round......me saying Celtic definitely had a bid accepted but then only relying on vague quotes like ‘i think’ or ‘it is understood’....lol

I have no dog in this fight, but the evidence (or lack of) that you're slating is still more evidence than you've put forward to the contrary as far as I can tell. So it's a bit of a weird hill to die on.

Probably just let this one go, mate. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have no dog in this fight, but the evidence (or lack of) that you're slating is still more evidence than you've put forward to the contrary as far as I can tell. So it's a bit of a weird hill to die on.

The rake let's nothing go. The rake will not let it lie.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

With the greatest respect, I’ve produced plenty of direct quotes saying Celtic had at least two bids turned down by Hibs.

There is a quote from SJM saying a deal with Celtic ‘wasn’t getting done’.

There are quotes from SJM saying how much he’d set his heart on Celtic.

The ONLY evidence that there was a Celtic offer at the time of ours was talked about in vague terms of ‘I think’ or ‘it is understood’ etc.

BUT the quotes I’ve given from SJM were after he signed which, along with everything else, suggests no acceptable bid was on the table from Celtic.

Just because I’m new to the blog, doesn’t make me a 13 year old kid. I’ve supported Villa for 40 years now and I know what I’m talking about.

• Sad 1

Its clear to me that the daily record is misleading with their intro to that quote from Lennon. He's clearly talking about villa's offer having been agreed. There is no quote from Lennon that celtic matched the bid.  There is a similar story on sky sports that they also believe celtic matched the offer. Again, it is not proof. 

That said, it is irrelevant. If McGinn had wanted to go to Celtic, he wouldn't have jumped at the chance to join Villa 23 days before the window closed. Its a totally moot point. Not sure how we got on to this topic, but let's just let it die.

On topic: I'm getting very confused by this Odsonne chap. The videos of him look meh to me, he's never being closed down, under little pressure when shooting, and he doesn't look particularly mobile.  Which is totally contrary to the written reviews i'm seeing about him.  Not wanting to base my opinion on a highlights reel or second hand reports, I'm reserving judgement on whether he'll make it here.  My instinct says he's more Jan Hesselink than Dembele, but I woud very much enjoy being proven wrong if we sign him.

Screenshot_20200824-150016_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, rayk said:

With the greatest respect, I’ve produced plenty of direct quotes saying Celtic had at least two bids turned down by Hibs.

There is a quote from SJM saying a deal with Celtic ‘wasn’t getting done’.

There are quotes from SJM saying how much he’d set his heart on Celtic.

The ONLY evidence that there was a Celtic offer at the time of ours was talked about in vague terms of ‘I think’ or ‘it is understood’ etc.

BUT the quotes I’ve given from SJM were after he signed which, along with everything else, suggests no acceptable bid was on the table from Celtic.

Just because I’m new to the blog, doesn’t make me a 13 year old kid. I’ve supported Villa for 40 years now and I know what I’m talking about.

I haven't accused you of being a kid or not knowing what you're talking about so calm down.

You asked for quotes saying Celtic had matched our bid and that's what you got. You're right, it doesn't absolutely 100% confirm that they definitely had a bid accepted by Hibs. But it's a pretty **** good indication that they have.

And it's far more evidence than you've produced to the contrary.

So maybe just agree to disagree and move on :) Everyone is laughing at you

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven't accused you of being a kid or not knowing what you're talking about so calm down.

You asked for quotes saying Celtic had matched our bid and that's what you got. You're right, it doesn't absolutely 100% confirm that they definitely had a bid accepted by Hibs. But it's a pretty **** good indication that they have.

And it's far more evidence than you've produced to the contrary.

So maybe just agree to disagree and move on :) Everyone is laughing at you

No-one laughs at the rake. The rake is a winner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â