Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Happy to disagree but I don’t give a hoot if I’m getting laughed at because I know I’m right.

And how is the article which you admit supports my assertion that the Celtic offer was not accepted more evidence than SJM’s own words when he said it was clear that a deal with Celtic wasn’t happening??

Really don't see how you're struggling with this one. 

Celtic tried to lowball Hibs and only put in a suitable bid when we did.  McGinn had has his head turned/ seen sense when we came in and the rest is history. 

The players hold all the power now. When we signed Dion Dublin as far back as 98 Blackburn offered more money to Cov but he wanted to come to us. So they ultimately accepted our lower valuation. Similar scenarios will have played out many times since.  If McGinn was dead set on going to Celtic he could have waited until the last knockings of that window or wound his contract down to force the issue. 

2 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Celtic tried to lowball Hibs and only put in a suitable bid when we did.  McGinn had has his head turned/ seen sense when we came in and the rest is history. 

The players hold all the power now. When we signed Dion Dublin as far back as 98 Blackburn offered more money to Cov but he wanted to come to us. So they ultimately accepted our lower valuation. Similar scenarios will have played out many times since.  If McGinn was dead set on going to Celtic he could have waited until the last knockings of that window or wound his contract down to force the issue. 

Oh No.....

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

What Are You Doing Wtf GIF by Masterchef

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Just move the cursor over the name of the person you want out of your life and it's down in the middle.

Instant quality of life improvement. 

on topic I hope we are looking to sign this guy and also bring in a French playmate (giggity) for him in Thauvin.

Oh, I like everyone.... just not every topic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Its a hypothetical scenario, therefore you can't be right. Obviously you think your opinion is right but it is only that.

Anyway, back on topic please.

Remind us, what is the tooic?

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’ve mentioned Samatta on loan as a makeweight for Edouard, but how about Hourihane going the other way on a permanent deal? That’s gotta reduce the fee by £5m or so?

Hourihane is worth much more to us than having an extra £5m in the bank. I really don’t think affording transfer fees will be an issue this summer - it’s trying to convince top level players to sign.

Â