Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've never seen Edouard play, but it sounds like an exciting link.

He sounds like he's more than just another striker who scores goals in Scotland because the SPL is shite. 

It's always a gamble with players from up there, so hopefully the club have done their homework if this is genuine.

I can't help but be cautiously excited by it

The big thing for me is that aside from bagging loads of goals he also bagged loads of assists. And in the 18 other games he played he got 6 goals and 7 assists. That show he can produce and create for others even when not playing against pub teams. Now 30 million is probably a little bit too much but 25 million would be a good signing for me. Also most of his goals are put right into the corners so the step up in keepers shouldn't change the number of goals he scores. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The big thing for me is that aside from bagging loads of goals he also bagged loads of assists. And in the 18 other games he played he got 6 goals and 7 assists. That show he can produce and create for others even when not playing against pub teams. Now 30 million is probably a little bit too much but 25 million would be a good signing for me. Also most of his goals are put right into the corners so the step up in keepers shouldn't change the number of goals he scores. 

Its strange because as much as I really don't value stats from the Scottish league because it's pony, I'm still finding myself genuinely excited about the possibility of this chap signing. Hopefully he comes, proves the doubters wrong and turns out to be value for money! 

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

You know I pay for this forum now.......

You have puns, boobs, comedy, puns, arguments, puns, page counts and celebrities like 'Rake Neverwrong: Mental Gymnast' and puns.

Are you not entertained?

• Haha 1

Turkish papers are claiming that Celtic have agreed a £7.2m fee for Trabzonspor and ex Leeds striker Caleb Ekuban.

While I'm sure they can afford that outlay I still think this is the Edouard money they are spending. The longer it drags on the lower his price will drop. They are not going to get £40m for him unless someone gets desperate and buckles under, more like £25+ add ons.

Edited by sne

4 hours ago, sne said:

Turkish papers are claiming that Celtic have agreed a £7.2m fee for Trabzonspor and ex Leeds striker Caleb Ekuban.

While I'm sure they can afford that outlay I still think this is the Edouard money they are spending. The longer it drags on the lower his price will drop. They are not going to get £40m for him unless someone gets desperate and buckles under, more like £25+ add ons.

I would imagine they would want a sell on clause adding in, so doubt it would be 40m in addition to that. 

17 hours ago, thunderball said:

You know I pay for this forum now.......

how's that working out for you!?!?!

does it feel like some naughty youths are sh*tting in ur front garden??

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

I've seen him live a few times for Leeds, and my god, I feel bad for Celtic. Haven't they bought that Ajeti as well? Does seem like they're getting in the replacements. Go get him Villa!

• Like 1

If we want him we need to go to Celtic and tell them straight. We will give you £30m plus a player with a choice of Hogan for free full-time or Davis, Hogan or Lansbury on loan for the whole of the season with us paying half their wages. Take it or leave it. 

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

If we want him we need to go to Celtic and tell them straight. We will give you £30m plus a player with a choice of Hogan for free full-time or Davis, Hogan or Lansbury on loan for the whole of the season with us paying half their wages. Take it or leave it. 

Seriously? They can have 30m and we’ll chuck in Hogan, Davis and Lansbury for free.  Don’t worry about any loans, they are all yours.

• Haha 1

I haven't seen much of Edouard, but he really tickles me, his scoring record for France U21 and for Celtic, seems to have lovely technique, fast, tall, strong, seems to have it all.

Signing him for £30M or something would show that we mean business. But, it we could get Tammy for say £40M I'd go for Tammy. Edouard perhaps has a higher ceiling, the next big thing together with Erling Braut Håland and Mbappe perhaps. But he isn't there yet and it would be a bit of a gamble. If he goes on and becomes that good he would be off in a season or two anyway. With Tammy we could have him for the next five years or longer, having our first choice striker settled for a long time, and he can also only get better. The fact that he knows the team and the manager and hihs PL experience would make him as much of a guaranteed success I could think of. So as much as Edouard tickles me, the rational decision for me would be to throw out the money we have to get Tammy instead. 

22 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I haven't seen much of Edouard, but he really tickles me, his scoring record for France U21 and for Celtic, seems to have lovely technique, fast, tall, strong, seems to have it all.

Signing him for £30M or something would show that we mean business. But, it we could get Tammy for say £40M I'd go for Tammy. Edouard perhaps has a higher ceiling, the next big thing together with Erling Braut Håland and Mbappe perhaps. But he isn't there yet and it would be a bit of a gamble. If he goes on and becomes that good he would be off in a season or two anyway. With Tammy we could have him for the next five years or longer, having our first choice striker settled for a long time, and he can also only get better. The fact that he knows the team and the manager and hihs PL experience would make him as much of a guaranteed success I could think of. So as much as Edouard tickles me, the rational decision for me would be to throw out the money we have to get Tammy instead. 

If Edouard had a chance of being the next Mbappe I am not sure Aston Villa and Celtic would be the clubs in this sentence. But I do agree with you I would love us to sign Tammy and can’t think of any more ‘guaranteed’ a goalscorer for us. I just don’t think he will leave Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If Edouard had a chance of being the next Mbappe I am not sure Aston Villa and Celtic would be the clubs in this sentence. But I do agree with you I would love us to sign Tammy and can’t think of any more ‘guaranteed’ a goalscorer for us. I just don’t think he will leave Chelsea.

Agree, don't think Tammy will want to leave, but if Chelsea would accept a bid for him who knows how he would react.

Yes I also wonder why bigger clubs aren't in for him and why Leicester and Rogers haven't already signed him. Perhaps it's because Celtic demands too much. I was also wondering how PSG would let him go if he had so much potential, but they have made some mistakes in the last years with Qatar prefering big money signings instead of youth, Kingsley Coman being the perfect example of that. Perhaps Edouard is another who sneaked away, £10M was also quite much for him at the time.

• Like 1

Â