Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

I've never seen Edouard play, but it sounds like an exciting link.

He sounds like he's more than just another striker who scores goals in Scotland because the SPL is shite. 

It's always a gamble with players from up there, so hopefully the club have done their homework if this is genuine.

I can't help but be cautiously excited by it

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven't accused you of being a kid or not knowing what you're talking about so calm down.

You asked for quotes saying Celtic had matched our bid and that's what you got. You're right, it doesn't absolutely 100% confirm that they definitely had a bid accepted by Hibs. But it's a pretty **** good indication that they have.

And it's far more evidence than you've produced to the contrary.

So maybe just agree to disagree and move on :) Everyone is laughing at you

Happy to disagree but I don’t give a hoot if I’m getting laughed at because I know I’m right.

And how is the article which you admit supports my assertion that the Celtic offer was not accepted more evidence than SJM’s own words when he said it was clear that a deal with Celtic wasn’t happening??

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, momo said:

Where is this button I keep hearing about?

Just move the cursor over the name of the person you want out of your life and it's down in the middle.

Instant quality of life improvement. 

on topic I hope we are looking to sign this guy and also bring in a French playmate (giggity) for him in Thauvin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Happy to disagree but I don’t give a hoot if I’m getting laughed at because I know I’m right.

And how is the article which you admit supports my assertion that the Celtic offer was not accepted more evidence than SJM’s own words when he said it was clear that a deal with Celtic wasn’t happening??

Well done you, that's all that counts bab.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rayk said:

With the greatest respect, I’ve produced plenty of direct quotes saying Celtic had at least two bids turned down by Hibs.

There is a quote from SJM saying a deal with Celtic ‘wasn’t getting done’.

There are quotes from SJM saying how much he’d set his heart on Celtic.

The ONLY evidence that there was a Celtic offer at the time of ours was talked about in vague terms of ‘I think’ or ‘it is understood’ etc.

BUT the quotes I’ve given from SJM were after he signed which, along with everything else, suggests no acceptable bid was on the table from Celtic.

Just because I’m new to the blog, doesn’t make me a 13 year old kid. I’ve supported Villa for 40 years now and I know what I’m talking about.

My god man why are you so deeply invested in arguing with Villa fans, on a Villa forum about how much more attractive other teams are to players, than us?

Note: I haven't read all the posts but there seems to be a theme.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Its clear to me that the daily record is misleading with their intro to that quote from Lennon. He's clearly talking about villa's offer having been agreed. There is no quote from Lennon that celtic matched the bid.  There is a similar story on sky sports that they also believe celtic matched the offer. Again, it is not proof. 

That said, it is irrelevant. If McGinn had wanted to go to Celtic, he wouldn't have jumped at the chance to join Villa 23 days before the window closed. Its a totally moot point. Not sure how we got on to this topic, but let's just let it die.

Re first point exactly!

On the second point, you have to remember the history of at least 2 Celtic bids being turned down by Hibs. Then there is the quote from SJM saying it was clear to him a deal with Celtic wasn't going to happen.

But bottom line is that had (BIG IF) Celtic’s bid been accepted and SJM’s comments on how he’d set his heart on Celtic (him and his mates being fans, his dad ex-Chairman) I just don’t think he’d have signed for us over Celtic

And I’ll leave it there.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Re first point exactly!

On the second point, you have to remember the history of at least 2 Celtic bids being turned down by Hibs. Then there is the quote from SJM saying it was clear to him a deal with Celtic wasn't going to happen.

But bottom line is that had (BIG IF) Celtic’s bid been accepted and SJM’s comments on how he’d set his heart on Celtic (him and his mates being fans, his dad ex-Chairman) I just don’t think he’d have signed for us over Celtic

And I’ll leave it there.

Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Re first point exactly!

And I’ll leave it there.

you should be in our midfield with that tenacity.

• Like 2

Â